By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Last Generations top 10 highest rated games

With all the discussions on how 'quality' games were going to impact sales of certain platforms I decided to look into the sales of the top 10 highest rated games (based on Gamerankings.com) and here is what I got:

GameConsoleScoreSales
Soul CaliburDreamcast96.4less than 1M
Metroid PrimeGamecube96.42.77 M
Resident Evil 4Gamecube / PS295.8 / 95.71.65 M / 1.91 M
Halo: Combat EvolvedXBox95.66.43 M
Grand Theft Auto IIIPS295.311.60 M
Grand Theft Auto: San AndreasPS295.214.88 M
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2Dreamcast94.9less than 1M
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of LibertyPS294.85.56 M
NFL 2K1Dreamcast94.81.09 M
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind WakerGamecube94.74.38 M

Around the Network

Man, I loved Soul Calibur and Metroid Prime and Tony Hawk 2 and Wind Waker. Awezome games!

The Dreamcast had lots of quality games, some of them very polished, some of them very artistic. But in the end, it couldn't survive to the PS2's launch hype :(

I have never been of the people that thinks that if a console has the best games, it will sell the best... I mean, look at PS1 and PS2... their quality-to-crappy-games ratio was pretty low... in contrast look at DC and GC... so, you got it, didn't ya?

fazz said:
Man, I loved Soul Calibur and Metroid Prime and Tony Hawk 2 and Wind Waker. Awezome games!

The Dreamcast had lots of quality games, some of them very polished, some of them very artistic. But in the end, it couldn't survive to the PS2's launch hype :(

I have never been of the people that thinks that if a console has the best games, it will sell the best... I mean, look at PS1 and PS2... their quality-to-crappy-games ratio was pretty low... in contrast look at DC and GC... so, you got it, didn't ya?

Yeah, one of the things I wanted to point out but didn't want in the original post was that a console can have one of the highest rated games of a generation released early in its lifespan and still end up far behind the competition.

Where you get that list ? the score ?

He said it... gamerankings.com

Sheesh

Around the Network

He got them from gamerankings.

Well non of those games are origanal beside Halo and Soul Caliber. THPS sold so little was because it was on the dreamcast.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Sorry about the mess

From LAST GEN, i.e. GC, PS2, DC, XBOX.

Yeah, I noticed