By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN reviews Resistance 2 --- 9.5 /10

hell yeah

9.0 Presentation
A continuation of the launch title franchise, Resistance 2 continues the battle against the Chimera. Lack of a narrator does hamper some of the cohesiveness of the game, however.
9.0 Graphics
Resistance 2 does have some weird technical and visual glitches, but the sheer number of enemies onscreen at once adds to the feeling of a massive battle for humanity.
9.0 Sound
Otherworldly sounds coupled with great voice acting and ambient effects heighten the action of the game.
9.5 Gameplay
Single player is a great experience with an epic scale to the campaign, but adding co-op and competitive play within the game only serves to augment the overall gameplay.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
A fast paced 10 hour single player campaign with multiple unlockables and difficulty levels are matched with extra multiplayer modes, gameplay options and community features.
Incredible
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Closing Comments
Resistance 2 is one of those games that manages to expand on its predecessor in every way. The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience. This is an exclusive that PS3 owners should be proud to have in their collection.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/924/924372p3.html

Around the Network

OMG wooooooooooo

nice

this, and others games, confirm that the PS3 will survive this Xmas despite not having pricedrop

Time to Work !

What did the last one get from ign?

Definitely way above my expectation. Resistance 2 and LBP those 2 games could last me until next year. It seems ps3 exclusives seems to get good scores lately.

SpartanFX said:
What did the last one get from ign?

Around the Network

So last one also got a rather high score from IGN.

but this looks to be a much better game.

here is the video review link:

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14211237/resistance-2/videos/Resistance2Review_102708.html

Resistance 2 is one of those games that manages to expand on its predecessor in every way. The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience. This is an exclusive that PS3 owners should be proud to have in their collection.

Jason77 said:

Well I hope so! This, Uncharted, LBP and MGS 4 will proudly stand on my shelf. =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Good score, I read on the Beta forums that to unlock everything in the game (SP and online) would take approx 420 hours! 

Wonder what the graphical glitches are ?