By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ugghh, a Future Shop Return Policy Question... (About Fable II)

For anyone that knows, can I return the normal edition of a game I just bought for the Limited Edition of the same game?

I'm asking because I just bought Fable II and I got to that treasure chest that says to go to www.fable2.com to get a special ancestor gift, or something. I was interested on how to get it, and that's when I found out that it's the same treasure chest that gives you ''Hal's Outfit'' (Master Chief's armor) when you enter a special code you can get in the Limited Edition. It bothers me because apparently, when you open that chest after doing that special thing on Fable2.com, it stays open forever, even if you create a new game. For completionists like me, that sucks big time!

Otherwise, I might just never open that chest unless DLC comes out... Which is probably a 1/10 chance it happens! >_>

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

You can always return it if you just bought it, especially if it's an exchange rather than asking for cash. It's the law. Plus, each store's returns policy should be detailed on the receipt.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Yeah, I have the receipt and everything, but I obviously opened the game... :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

I just read their return policy and you can only return an opened game for an exchange for the SAME game, not an upgrade. Who knows, maybe if you ask the manager nicely.

Well, whether they let you return it depends on the store, then. I know some stores here in the UK will take it back whatever, some won't if the seal is broken though. But you could always do what I do, and lie. I was in one store once, and they told me the seal was broken, and I couldn't return it. So I lied and said it was "crashing and freezing". I then wrote this down and signed it, and gave them my real name and adress. I got a cash refund. The game worked fine it was just crap (Rayman Raving Rabbids on Wii). They never did contact me about it, I think it's just a deterrent.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
I just read their return policy and you can only return an opened game for an exchange for the SAME game, not an upgrade. Who knows, maybe if you ask the manager nicely.

Well, I would find it stupid if they don't let me though. ''Doing a copy'' of the same game twice would be ridicule, and besides, the DLC and the card that has the Master Chief armor code is a one-time download, if I checked correctly, so even if I wanted to I couldn't just ''share'' my extra content. :/

Got to talk to the manager!

Random game thought :