By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - lcd tv burn in???

hi does anyone know if it is possible for an LCD Flat Panel TV to get screen burn in...I have a Samsung LN46A550 lcd tv and I have a cable service provider that has two grey bars at the sides when you are watching a nonHD channel...so i wuz wondering if anyone has heard of cases where there was burn in for lcd tvs

Around the Network

Im pretty sure it's possible- my Samsung LCD TV manual says that it can happen if black bars are on the screen for ages (though It hasnt happened to me yet). Try zooming the picture or stretching it to widescreen by force, by changing the display settings on the TV.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

I think I can happen with any TV, but I believe it is more likely to happen with a CRT or Plasma tv than an LCD or DLP. I know less about DLP's, but I know that is one advantage LCD's have over Plasmas is that they are less likely to have burn-in.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

how old its?

if you have warranty have it checked... since its warranty samsung doens't charge for have it checked.