By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 2 video comparison (PS3 Vs 360)

I don't see a difference. Nice looking game though

Around the Network

Taking a quick look, I managed to capture both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions doing some massive screen tear when I paused it.

Xbox 360 version (Liked a bit better)

Due mainly to the fact that it was brighter, and I like Bright games. I hate not being able to see things.

Technical notes.

PS3 - Slightly less jagginess on the Shadows and on some of the parts like hands etc.

Xbox 360 - Slightly more pronounced textures, Generally brighter but im not sure if I could say better lighting. I liked the starker contrast between shadow/sun.

Main question - framerate, both games were pushing their respective systems HARD.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Taking a quick look, I managed to capture both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions doing some massive screen tear when I paused it.

Due mainly to the fact that it was brighter, and I like Bright games. I hate not being able to see things.

Technical notes.

PS3 - Slightly less jagginess on the Shadows and on some of the parts like hands etc.

Xbox 360 - Slightly more pronounced textures, Generally brighter but im not sure if I could say better lighting. I liked the starker contrast between shadow/sun.

Main question - framerate, both games were pushing their respective systems HARD.

Impossible, multiplatform games are usually darker on the 360 and lighter on the PS3. :P

IllegalPaladin said:
Squilliam said:

Technical notes.

Impossible, multiplatform games are usually darker on the 360 and lighter on the PS3. :P

I think this time they went out to smoke weed (Notice the thicker smoke?) and left the lights on in the trailors and that made the set a bit brighter.

Tease.

The 360 version looks a bit better. Better colors, textures are sharper. The PS3 version looks a little blurry and it looks like it takes a little longer to load some stuff. Pretty disappointing considering the install. Hit the links.

screen 1: http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/7293/farcry2sv8.jpg

screen 2: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5026/farcry21mc7.jpg

Around the Network

What about load times??

The PS3 usual has the advantage due to the install... anyone mention how both compare?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Looks the same to me.

they look the same.

the ps3 have a very unnoticable blur, less strong colors

nothing that can't be fixed with some tweaking HDMI cables

gebx said:
What about load times??

The PS3 usual has the advantage due to the install... anyone mention how both compare?

Their are load times in Far Cry 2?  Can't remember that lolz =p;

Mirson said:

The 360 version looks a bit better. Better colors, textures are sharper. The PS3 version looks a little blurry and it looks like it takes a little longer to load some stuff. Pretty disappointing considering the install. Hit the links.

screen 1: http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/7293/farcry2sv8.jpg

screen 2: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5026/farcry21mc7.jpg

Too close to nitpick...I can definately see what you're saying though, although for me the PS3 one looks slightly more realistic, the 360 looks a little too sharp.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral