By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - K-Mart gets punished for selling Fable 2 early

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/Fable-2-Punishment.aspx
For those who don't know, K-Mart sold Fable 2 in Australia. Now they are getting punished with a $10,000 fine and they can't sell Gears of War 2 for 2 weeks he CML group Target and Myer. I don't think were gonna see any stores sell games early for awhile because not selling Gears 2 for 2 weeks is a lot of money lost.

Around the Network

thats messed up, its bad enough kmart has to compete with wal mart, and at the end of the day its not like anyone was harmed over selling a game early....

Microsoft are seriously major pricks of this is true. Sony is happy when companies sell their game early.. Microsoft flips out? wtf... shows Sony is the better company.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Lol, wtf?

it's unfair for the competitor if you sell a game early. That's the rule of the game, and if you don't get punished, you'll repeat the offense.

Around the Network

I dont get why they have strict release dates, if they get stock early why not let the shop sell it and make money and the consumer have their game to play.

The street date should be that the shops will have the game in stock no later.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:
I dont get why they have strict release dates, if they get stock early why not let the shop sell it and make money and the consumer have their game to play.

The street date should be that the shops will have the game in stock no later.

Because it's unfair to other stores. If everyone buys it at one store because they got it early then another store will lose sales and maybe they'll get mad and no longer keep their games in stock.

Oh well. At least we'll have all the layaway business this year.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
ssj12 said:
Microsoft are seriously major pricks of this is true. Sony is happy when companies sell their game early.. Microsoft flips out? wtf... shows Sony is the better company.

How are they pricks?  They acted to protect every other retailer out there that played by the rules.  Just because Sony is happy to betray it's retail partners doesn't mean Microsoft should be.

Btw, this is K-Mart Australia, so there is no Walmart to compete with.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Australia only. And its not $10,000 per store, its just a $10k fine for the company.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS