By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guess which games these songs are from (R5)

#2 and 5 took me a while to figure out which games they were.

Around the Network

I bet I broke the #5 streak...

Anyway, #7 game me goosebumps.

Cactus said:
I bet I broke the #5 streak...

Anyway, #7 game me goosebumps.

Don't worry, I had broken it before

@Cactus: Actually, the game you guessed for #2 was by the same composer. Maybe the song I picked was too generic?

I'm almost positive anyone that played game #8 would know the song. I'm surprised nobody here played it, those type of games aren't popular here I guess.

c0rd said:

@Cactus: Actually, the game you guessed for #2 was by the same composer. Maybe the song I picked was too generic?

I'm almost positive anyone that played game #8 would know the song. I'm surprised nobody here played it, those type of games aren't popular here I guess.

About song #2, it isn't a very important song throughout the game, I recognized from which game it was instantly because I've listened to the entire soundtrack of that game a lot of times and I know the style of the comproser, but it isn't a song you instantly say, for example, "Oh, that's One-Winged Angel!" or Liberi Fatali, in fact, I had to navigate through the entire soundtrack to get the name of the song

Around the Network

Yeah, I get it. It could be just b/c I played the game a lot (or haven't played enough of other games he's made), that a song like that is instantly recognizable to me. I know there are more recognizable songs - like #4's intro, #5's battle theme, #7's battle theme, etc. Just trying to balance it between being too easy / hard, bleh -_-

Well, about the recognizable thing, last round I put the main theme of Gran Turismo, one that has been in every game from one of the best-selling series ever and only 2 people got it, when I thought that every single participant (or at least most of them) would get it
But yeah, if you had put #4's intro or #7's battle theme I'd have recognized them instantly, and I'm sure a lot of people would have too

Another problem was that for most of them, I was just picking songs I liked the most, heh. Probably not the best idea for this thing.

As for Gran Turismo... yeah. It has more to do with who is guessing here, which so far seems like mainly RPG or Nintendo fans. Since people were able to get Star Force, I thought I could get away with putting anything in, lol.

Argghh, I knew it was one or the other for #2, since it's set in the same universe, the music is intentionally similar.

Oh well, I still have the worst points to round played ratio :P

Cactus said:
Argghh, I knew it was one or the other for #2, since it's set in the same universe, the music is intentionally similar.

Oh well, I still have the worst points to round played ratio :P

I still have the worst score ever in a round. I win