By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Red Baron Arcade WTF !!!!

Updated this thread with the News that Red Baron Was Released unexpectedly Today on PSN.

Playable Content

Here is the link to the article they made the morning I sent them a WTF E-mail about Red Baron

The Old Thread:

Ok I think I let enough time pass by with out word of what happened to this game...

Every site I read about the game stated Sept. 18th as the release date, now it's nowhere to be seen.

PS3Fanboy.com even got to play a bit of it, they said it wasn't up to the PSN HD of games, but was still fun.

Now I know there aren't that many people that are into WW1 Dog Fighting with biplanes (heterosexual planes.. pun!)

But when I think of Dog Fighting I think of the Original Biplane action (resist, resist,) dog fights.

I've been waiting for this game ever sense I heard it was coming to the PSN, ya I could get the PC version but... bah, I need a new PSN game and this was my ticket.

Shacknews Talks about the Release Date and has Video here.

PS3Fanboy.com talks about the games release here

PS3Fanboy.com talks about playing the game here

The thing that gets me is the lack of info this game has received, after it was set to come out I mean.

Like I said above I know allot of people aren't into this type of game, but there are people that are, including myself.

Some of this little rant is mainly for sites like PS3fanboy.com that talk about a games release, talk about how they played it, and what it was like, but when the game doesn't arrive, not one word on why.

The other part of my rant is about PSN, offering Video of the game on PSN and then not talking about it again.

Sept. 18, was when the game was supposed to come out, and here we are at the end of Oct.

Now I'm hoping, (hoping) Sierra or Sony decided the game needed a little HD Upgrade, but even if that was the case give us a little INFO on what the DL is.

Thats it, I just had to get that off my chest.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

I played the original RB on a MAC in 1992(?)...I was kinda looking forward to this one two..but I fear its gone...or if it does happen, it will not have a large community at all

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Never heard of this game before.

I will agree to have interest in it if Snoopy is in the game.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I wonder if it's something to do with the Vivendi/Activion thing...Ghostbusters (Spankey mentioned this again you might ask? yes, indeed i did. I want that game, Naow!) also was a Sierra title and now it's pushed back to June 2009. Seemed to have a spot of bother deciding on a publisher

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

Still no sign of this game....

Is it really to much to ask for some more info on this game...

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

The game was cancelled some time ago.

"Sadly, Red Baron was never completed; they had to stop the project when Sierra Online was incorporated into Activision-Vivendi. "

http://www.gamersplatform.com/2008/10/16/red-baron-arcade-cancelled-for-the-psn/

Assuming the link is reliable, of course.

Thanks for the link, I sent it to PS3Fanboy.com

I hope they are just updating the game.

Kinda stinks that they canceled it... it was one of the titles for the PS3 I was actually looking forward to. I played the old back in the early 90s, and it was pretty darn fun. Maybe they'll revive the project at some point?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

m happy nsega4life said:

Thanks for the link, I sent it to PS3Fanboy.com

I hope they are just updating the game.

I'm happy now, PS3Fanboy submitted an Article about the game today, ironically after my morning E-mail!