By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - US Conducts Raid Inside Syria

stof said:
halogamer1989 said:

And the consequences of not committing to an action when a threat is present and the country with that threat neither has the will and/capabilty to take out their enemies are terrible to contemplate if we just stand by.  We would get blamed for being isolationist and not helping weaker nations if we stood by.  It is a damned iudo, damned iudon't scenario in military scenarios.

So doesn't Syria now have the right to do whatever it takes to defend themselves against the threat of a country that just killed it's citizens? Doesn't every country have the right to develop nuclear arms as a deterrent against the United States? Don't Afghanis and Iraqis have the right to attack their invaders?

Or is unlimited force that violates international law only the right of the United States of America?

GOD DAMMNIT STOF YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

j/k

If only us Americans had the insight of Candians.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I am hearing a lot of support against the U.S. incursion into Syria, but a lot of people seem to forget just who exactly Syria supports (Iran), their past actions, and why our intelligence and special OPS have been looking into them for some time now.

The media always leans news at a slant; it doesn't surprise me how everyone uses a report as fire as usual.

gomezc said:
I am hearing a lot of support against the U.S. incursion into Syria, but a lot of people seem to forget just who exactly Syria supports (Iran), their past actions, and why our intelligence and special OPS have been looking into them for some time now.

The media always leans news at a slant; it doesn't surprise me how everyone uses a report as fire as usual.

Exactly, not to mention they are Hezbollah lovers...

Did you ever think that maybe Iran doesn't like us BECAUSE we do stuff like this in THEIR part of the world?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Did you ever think that maybe Iran doesn't like us BECAUSE we do stuff like this in THEIR part of the world?

Sure, but they never liked us, nor the idea of a true democracy to begin with...or the existance of Israel.  I kind of wish everyone got their way before: the US pulling out of Iraq too soon just so Iran can sweep in and exert their influence when they collapse into civil war, further dividing the middle east more so than it already is. 

I can understand how people can feel offended everytime the US breaks border to commit to operation but I hate to say it, diplomacy doesn't always work.  Sometimes these guys need a little "push".

Around the Network
gomezc said:
akuma587 said:

Sure, but they never liked us, nor the idea of a true democracy to begin with...or the existance of Israel.  I kind of wish everyone got their way before: the US pulling out of Iraq too soon just so Iran can sweep in and exert their influence when they collapse into civil war, further dividing the middle east more so than it already is. 

I can understand how people can feel offended everytime the US breaks border to commit to operation but I hate to say it, diplomacy doesn't always work.  Sometimes these guys need a little "push".

And that's were 1st Recon comes in ;)

gomezc said:
akuma587 said:

Did we always like them and their system of government?  Did we always like Islam as a religion?  I fail to see how them "not always liking us" gives us permission to invade foreign countries.

Was Hitler entitled to just roll into Poland and take over?

akuma587 said:
gomezc said:
akuma587 said:

Did we always like them and their system of government?  Did we always like Islam as a religion?  I fail to see how them "not always liking us" gives us permission to invade foreign countries.

Not at first and then we put the Shah in and that got royally screwed up.  Btw, the Iranians played Russian roulette with one of my aunt's boyfriends and almost husband.

akuma587 said:
gomezc said:
akuma587 said:

This is not about them "liking" us or not or us "not liking" them.  It is more than obvious that we are fighting a proxy civil war with Iran through Iraq, with them supporting insurgents via money and equipment. 

Hitler wanted to exterminate Jews and conquer Europe to make it "Perfect"...I don't see how this relates to the subject.

Yeah akuma. It really boils down to Shi'a vs Sunni Muslims. Iran is Shi'a and Iraq is a mixture with a spreading Iranian influence.