By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone know how good Guitar Hero 4 is??

I'm considering selling some of my older games to buy GH4 but i don't know if its any good or not.  And also Can my Rock Band one drums and mic work with GH4??

Around the Network

rockband accessories not compatible with guitar hero, i tried yesterday and i heard it was good,

wow thats too bad, i heard rumors that they would be compatible. Meby its just for Rock Band 2 that is compatible for GH4.

iceissac92 said:
rockband accessories not compatible with guitar hero, i tried yesterday and i heard it was good,

What system do you have it on?

I thought 360/PS3 instruments are supposed to work accross games. Not calling you a liar but that's what has been alluded to for months.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

The RB instruments are completely compatible with GH:WT, and the same will apply for RB2 and vice versa.

Honestly, with the music creation and better instruments (I'm going off the reputation of RB1's here), GH4 only has to get a decent download system in place to completely thrash RB, but as far as the basics go, I would say it's already the superior game.

Around the Network

What MrMarc Said.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

What MrMarc said is wrong. Depending on the system there is incompatability between the various instruments. For example, no Rock Band 1 instruments will work with Guitar Her: World Tour. There is supposed to be a patch for the PS3 to remedy the solution, and there has been little to no word on what is going on with the Wii version. Rock Band 2 will be able to use the GH3 controllers at the least on the Wii, but nothing more is known as of now.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
What MrMarc said is wrong. Depending on the system there is incompatability between the various instruments. For example, no Rock Band 1 instruments will work with Guitar Her: World Tour. There is supposed to be a patch for the PS3 to remedy the solution, and there has been little to no word on what is going on with the Wii version. Rock Band 2 will be able to use the GH3 controllers at the least on the Wii, but nothing more is known as of now.

New instrument controllers are not required to play World Tour. Older Guitar Hero guitar controllers will still work with the game.[5] Activision stated during their press conference held alongside E3 2008 that for Xbox 360 users, the existing Rock Band instrument controllers as well as other third party controllers will also work in Guitar Hero World Tour;[28] Rock Band instruments for the PlayStation 3 are not guaranteed to work in World Tour, though Sony is attempting to help make these units compatible.[29]

Console makers have helped to make sure that instrument compatibility between upcoming games is present. Both Sony[29] and Microsoft[30] have announced that instruments for World Tour, Rock Band 2, and Konami's Rock Revolution will work between all three games on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Controller compatibility between World Tour and Rock Band 2 for the Wii is not yet known

------------------------------------------------

It's guaranteed compatible for the 360 at least.