By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Thread

In this thread we talk about this awesome game! This is the latest game in the series which was released on the DS just some days ago.

Post progress and seek help with fellow players (i hope).

So let me start...I am stuck at the crab boss in the Lighthouse! any suggestions on how to beat him?

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Around the Network

i already "beat the game" im at the very end and i have to open the "secret room" but cant figure out how

when i do infact do sumthing it kills me and im told my "sacrifice" was a good thing but i get a game over screen no credits

blew throgh the game rather fast though im at the end play time i think its just under 3 hours im at level 23

as for the crab boss if i recall stand on the left hand side crouching and attacking and i think he cant even hit you

That is what I am doing with him but he does a move that hit me often, I crouch and hit him until he becomes red then he starts to break the sceling, I jump and reach the end and repeat.

until now I breaked two scelings, but can't continue, the boss alwais kill me at that point :(

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Try using the hammer glyph, it works extremely well against him. And always stay on the left side when attacking him, but I'm sure that by now you've already learned that.

@vampire

You need to save every villager to get past that point. When you were sacrificed it should have shown you the locations of the different villagers you left behind. Oh, and you're still far and away from beating the game.

Right now I'm level 74, and still having a lot of problems with some of these bosses. This game is definitely harder than DoS and PoR. Still, It's sooo awesome.

Yeah, it took me a few tries to kill the crab creature too. He's tough, but that axe weapon is good against him. (I'm not sure about the exact name of it as I'm playing the JP version of the game.) Just try to avoid his attacks, I think there are 3 walls to break through before you can finish him off.

I still need a long ways to go though, I'm only at @23% at the moment.
@smeags: lvl 74? wow! I'm barely at level 12, haha!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Interesting name. Man I have a lot of Castlevania titles to play. Last one was Simon's quest. I need instant retirement and unlimited funds.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Man I want this game badly. I just don't know how I am going to get the game.

vampire xtc said:
its just under 3 hours im at level 23

You must be using invincible AR codes?

Well I posted this in a different thread, but this is the free poster I got with my copy of Castlevania: OoE from Konamistyle: (big pics) It's a see through poster.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/games/CIMG2400.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/games/CIMG2405.jpg

Anyway, I'm now up to 5hrs in my playtime(36% explored) and I found a pretty decent level up spot, so I've gotten up to lvl 30 now, hehe! I can get about 500 exp points pretty quickly killing those jumping skeletons and just repeat that since it's right next to an entrance way. I think I still need to find 4 villagers.

Pretty excellent game, so far and I'm really enjoying it! I think I might just pick up the strategy guide for the game, though I don't really need it, but just for the hell of it, hehe. Well I'm sure it should have cool artwork and stuff as well ;-p I think it's released soon here in JP.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Yeah, I just got the Strategy Guide today from BradyGames. Now I'm just going back and finding all of the hidden chests I missed.

Right now I'm level 85 and I think it's about time to take on ol' Dracula. Prepare yourself!