By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Minute. Cassamasina asks about hardcore games

to be honest id be happy in 2009 just with the games announced so far

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Jo21 said:
oh yes punch out and sin and punishment are so hardcore >_o... not.

Where do you want to receive my kick? In the face, or in the ''private'' parts? =P

Honestly, you should have talked about the part where she said Pokémon Ranger is hardcore.

She never mentioned the word hardcore.

She didn't, but you can assume it almost comes down to it when the question was about if Nintendo is really ignoring hardcore gamers. I guess it's reading comprehension... or I just want to hear what I want? o_O

The interviewer used the word 'hardcore', she used "core". When someone from Nintendo uses the word "core" they are referring to people who play Nintendo games, in that aspect Pokemon Ranger is a game for core gamers.

Oh, there is a difference between the two? o_O

I usually call ''core'' gamers dedicated gamers, but whatever. ;)

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Matt Cassamassasaaassaasssaa is going to get blacklisted if he keeps whining about the same thing over and over again. I guess there was no insane rumor he could make up this week to harp about.

DKII said:
Matt's really gone off his rocker since E3 this year.

See, this is the same thought I had. The phrasing of that question was loaded beyond reason. "Where's the evidence that that's not true"? Look, Matt, you've turned what should be an informative interview into a furthering of some kind of imaginary hardcoe agenda.

This is getting ridiculous and he's dragging his own name through the mud, over and over and over.

this will never go away, even next year when the wii starts getting the third party support it deserves this will still be here. theres still people i know who laugh at the 'gay DS because its rubbish in everyway when comapred to the awesome PSP'

Around the Network
Godot said:
Gamerace said:
You know the enthusiast gaming community can bitch and whine all they want. Where were they last generation for Nintendo? Oh wait... they weren't. They ignored the Gamecube almost completely.

The only reason they are complaining to Nintendo this time is because Nintendo is the outright leader this time and it frightens them that the Wii can dominate the market without any games that they would consider 'essential'.

The marketplace is MUCH bigger than the fanboys who comment on IGN. Most Wii owners will never even know what IGN is. So why should Nintendo care what this small group thinks? Let's face it, whenever a big title is on all platforms that crowd buys it for the 360/PS3 anyway. So why even bother trying to please them?

As for true core Nintendo fans, Punch Out, Animal Crossing, Sin & Punishment and news of Pikmin and other games IS great support.

If Nintendo has found success (great success) appealing to people other than the game enthusiast crowd then good for them. Why complain? That's like PC game players whining to companies making laptops and mid to low end PCs that they lack powerful graphics card and it's hurting their games industry. But they don't because they at least realize they are a minority of PC users and the majority just don't need/want the expense of high end graphics.

It's about time the 'hardcore' accept they are only a small part of the games industry and let Nintendo do what it's doing without bitching about every game that gets made that they don't like. The facts are clear. The majority likes them and money talks so let the BS walk.

Rant over.

That's so true. I didn't even know what IGN was before I came to this site. A lot of people here seems to think they are a standard of Journalistic excellency while that guy Mass Cassamina (or something like that) is just starting rumors like they would do at Kotaku and patronize every Nintendo PR he talks to.

Also, Nintendo fanboys are extremely annoying because they whine all the time even though Nintendo is the best gaming company in the world. We already got SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Galaxy and PS3 owners won't get their Gran Turismo before 2010.

First, that was a good rant, Gamerace. High five!

Second, the sad thing is that IGN really is amongst the best that the enthusiast gaming press can offer. Makes it pretty depressing when they throw all pretense of professionalism out the window when reviewing certain games which challenge their hardcore cred.

And finally, I can't believe that people are still bitching about the lack of hardcore games after Nintendo's big conference. Bunch of whining, selfish, needy babies who can't wait for the flood which is going to start in Q1 '09. Yes, we know selection looks a little thin this holiday for the picky gamer, but how about you sit down and shut up back there instead of asking, "Are we there yet?" over and over and over.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Who else here thinks Greg Casavin(Gamespot) was the best gaming journalist/site editor?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

What about F-Zero? Few games are this hardcore...

im sure we will see an f-zero at some point

famousringo said:
Godot said:
Gamerace said:
You know the enthusiast gaming community can bitch and whine all they want. Where were they last generation for Nintendo? Oh wait... they weren't. They ignored the Gamecube almost completely.

The only reason they are complaining to Nintendo this time is because Nintendo is the outright leader this time and it frightens them that the Wii can dominate the market without any games that they would consider 'essential'.

The marketplace is MUCH bigger than the fanboys who comment on IGN. Most Wii owners will never even know what IGN is. So why should Nintendo care what this small group thinks? Let's face it, whenever a big title is on all platforms that crowd buys it for the 360/PS3 anyway. So why even bother trying to please them?

As for true core Nintendo fans, Punch Out, Animal Crossing, Sin & Punishment and news of Pikmin and other games IS great support.

If Nintendo has found success (great success) appealing to people other than the game enthusiast crowd then good for them. Why complain? That's like PC game players whining to companies making laptops and mid to low end PCs that they lack powerful graphics card and it's hurting their games industry. But they don't because they at least realize they are a minority of PC users and the majority just don't need/want the expense of high end graphics.

It's about time the 'hardcore' accept they are only a small part of the games industry and let Nintendo do what it's doing without bitching about every game that gets made that they don't like. The facts are clear. The majority likes them and money talks so let the BS walk.

Rant over.

That's so true. I didn't even know what IGN was before I came to this site. A lot of people here seems to think they are a standard of Journalistic excellency while that guy Mass Cassamina (or something like that) is just starting rumors like they would do at Kotaku and patronize every Nintendo PR he talks to.

Also, Nintendo fanboys are extremely annoying because they whine all the time even though Nintendo is the best gaming company in the world. We already got SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Galaxy and PS3 owners won't get their Gran Turismo before 2010.

First, that was a good rant, Gamerace. High five!

Second, the sad thing is that IGN really is amongst the best that the enthusiast gaming press can offer. Makes it pretty depressing when they throw all pretense of professionalism out the window when reviewing certain games which challenge their hardcore cred.

And finally, I can't believe that people are still bitching about the lack of hardcore games after Nintendo's big conference. Bunch of whining, selfish, needy babies who can't wait for the flood which is going to start in Q1 '09. Yes, we know selection looks a little thin this holiday for the picky gamer, but how about you sit down and shut up back there instead of asking, "Are we there yet?" over and over and over.

Yeah Reggie was so right when he said Nintendo fans would never be satisfied... I can't imagine them being fans of Square Enix! They would go mad in a matter of seconds.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...