By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Full R2 Beta impressions

Competitive ----The 60 player team deathmatch is just OMFGGGGGG exciting and amazing. There is nothing more fun than that. I liked the stage of the train-metro where everything is a little conjusted and its really hectic, chaotic and fun . As for Skirmish San Franciso is a blast. The GFX are amazing in that stage

Competitive matches in Orick is also fun.

For competitive matches you get most fun when there are most amount of players in the game . Really really addictive

Co-operative ---is just as addictive as a crack if you have good team coordination in the BETA

There is just 1 stage to play in the BETA and just one MISSION. so ofcourse you can get tired playing the same mission and the same stage 20x but it is just for a testing purpose and hence it is called a BETA

If you have good team coordination then co-operative mode is a blast to play. Certain bosses take a lot of hit to be brough down but nevertheless it is fun as hell

My fav weapon in the game was Bullseye.However most people found marksman to be super un and the best weapon

my score for the BETA modes --10/10

my score for TEAM DEATHMATCH mode --20/10. yea it is that good when theres 60 players

GFX --great for a beta and if u have an HD tv SF stage looks stellar - 9/10

Gameplay ---10/10 hands down

There are just 1 stage for CO-op and 3 stages for competitive . But fun factor never goes down -- 10/10

The gameplay mechanic is totally different now. It feels a lot like UT3 + COD4 +R1 hybrid but ofcourse everything is fun as hell

Overall score for the BETA ---10/10

Around the Network

If the beta is as good as you say, than the real thing is the shit!

Sephiroth357 said:
If the beta is as good as you say, than the real thing is the shit!

The BETA is awesome dude esp the TEAM DEATHMATCH modes -----OMGGGGGGG

The best thing about the BETA is the fun factor --it is just 1 stage that you are playing over and over again the co-op mode but you dont seem to get tired playing it

Competitigve modes are blasts when there are more players on screen since maps are huge esp the SF one

Cooperative was pretty fun but I would rather not have classes.

cool48 said:
Cooperative was pretty fun but I would rather not have classes.

what??

U need all classes

It is tough for a medic to bring down big bosses since they are good mostly at healing

However u cant do without soldiers too

Classes provide a good balance to the team especially if your team is of the size 8

Around the Network

I remember playing local 2 player co-op in RFoM and that was just a blast. But playing 8 player co-op with different classes wasn't as fun.

yeah i got into the beta it's excellent, the Chicago stage ownz

iceissac92 said:
yeah i got into the beta it's excellent, the Chicago stage ownz

60 PLAYER TEAM DEATHMATCH mode ==BEST MODE ever in any game

Co-op is pretty fun. Must've played that thing about 10 times now. You really need teamwork to win. The chimeras are hard to kill, and they're a bunch of them. It's pretty insane.

i never thought that a 60 player online battle would be fun...but insomniac pulled it off...the most players im used to in a match is......idk whatever halo 3 lets in a match...lol.....R2 is gonna own....its the most fun ive had with a FPS since Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark on N64