By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it worth buying Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi (Wii)?

Oyvoyvoyv said:

What I think is great about this game, and Little King's Story, is that they are real quality games.

Other good third party games on Wii, like de Blob, Boom Blox, and to a certain degree Zack and Wiki, are games that would never be considered good on another platform. They're minigames. They're fun, but by no means real quality titles.

This game might be. It's original, and a full game. I'm just hoping it has a story that's longer than 6 hours.

None of the games you mentioned are minigames and you have no idea what a minigame is.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

What I think is great about this game, and Little King's Story, is that they are real quality games.

Other good third party games on Wii, like de Blob, Boom Blox, and to a certain degree Zack and Wiki, are games that would never be considered good on another platform. They're minigames. They're fun, but by no means real quality titles.

This game might be. It's original, and a full game. I'm just hoping it has a story that's longer than 6 hours.

None of the games you mentioned are minigames and you have no idea what a minigame is.

........Garcian is obviously right. Boom Blox a minigame, ha!

Waiting for reviews. If it gets above an 8 and I have money then absolutely. If not then wait for some pricedrops and in mid 2009 I'll pick it up.

Oh btw the Wii version is called the Spore Wars not Rise of the Fungi: that's the DS version.

Garcian Smith said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Boom Blox is a mini-game. In a way, Zack and Wiki is a mini-game. Well, a mini-puzzle-game if you prefer that then.

de Blob isn't really a mini game, I agree with that, but still, you get my point, right?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

I've been interested since it was announced, even if it looks kind of lame, at the same time it looks interesting so i think i'll buy it.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Garcian Smith said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Boom Blox is a mini-game. In a way, Zack and Wiki is a mini-game. Well, a mini-puzzle-game if you prefer that then.

de Blob isn't really a mini game, I agree with that, but still, you get my point, right?

It's impossible to get points that aren't made.

You obviously haven't played Z&W or Boom Blox.  Unless you consider Tetris, Meteos, Peggle, and Lumines 'mini-games', Boom Blox is absolutely not one.  It has an incredible amount of depth, a lengthy story mode, many different modes of play, and is highly challenging even over periods of many hours.

Zack and Wiki... *facepalm*  Phoenix Wright, Discworld, Monkey Island all say hi.

You get my point, right?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Zucas said:
Oh btw the Wii version is called the Spore Wars not Rise of the Fungi: that's the DS version.

oops - yes - sorry about that!

perhaps a kind mod could edit the title to make me apear less stupid ;)

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM

trestes, stof, you are forgetting what the Wii does with game sales for original games. If it doesn't start off strong, give it time.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

thekitchensink said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Garcian Smith said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

It's impossible to get points that aren't made.

You obviously haven't played Z&W or Boom Blox.  Unless you consider Tetris, Meteos, Peggle, and Lumines 'mini-games', Boom Blox is absolutely not one.  It has an incredible amount of depth, a lengthy story mode, many different modes of play, and is highly challenging even over periods of many hours.

Zack and Wiki... *facepalm*  Phoenix Wright, Discworld, Monkey Island all say hi.

You get my point, right?

Crap, I had typed up this relatively long post explaining what I didn't like about Z&W and Boom Blox, and why they, despite that I like them, are bad games. I also mean something entirely different than you when I say mini-game, at least assuming I now understand what you put in it.

Then Opera suddenly said that it had to be closed and everything disappeared. Great -.-

I guess the word "mini-game" makes a lot of people think I'm attacking games here.

My point was, that even though they're a heck of a lot of fun (well, at least Zack and Wiki), they feel more like user-created games on the PC, with some odd flaws and totally unbalanced difficulty.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS