By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 is doing ok but considering...

Since we are in a global recession I think the 360 is selling pretty good by the end of the year it easily should outsell the original X-Box.

Around the Network

At least half of you are a little to fanboyish... someone even said it's outsell the Wii I think... The Wii is probably already sold more than the PS3 will by the end of this generation. You'll see that mandatory hdd hurt the PS3 price soon enough.

Xbox360 is doing very well, nearly outselling it's predecessor, sitting Firmly in 2nd place,get great games and it's finally an established brand (i thinik thats what MS wanted)

PS3 is a dissapointment, PS2 was a monster that dominated last gen, today PS3 is stuck in 3rd place and it will be a while before it overtakes 360.

Wii is a winner, that is doing amazingly. And yet still some people believe that it is a fad, how sad.

The lower pricetag of the 360 might be even more noticeable come christmas, since shoppers tend to have a price barrier when buying gifts for others. The 360 might have hit that sweet spot, but the Wii's been there long ago and hasn't changed much.

As for the Bluray adoption, it's increasing but then Blu-Ray players will be in greater demand. People who just want to watch Bluray films, but not play games, certainly will not consider a PS3.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Let's see.

PS3 = €400
(including a BR-player that is worth €200)
HDMI Cable = €25

€425 (€225) PS3
+ brand
+ reliable
+ quiet

XBox Premium = €240
WLAN = €80
HDMI Cable = €50
XBox Live (1 year) = €60

€430 XBox 360
- very bad guy
- unreliable
- loud

Shouldn't the PS3 destroy the XBox360 in Europe?