By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 is doing ok but considering...

lwhatee said:
Ender said:

CGI-Quality said:
@ kowenicki

uuu how is the PS3 failing? Ok it's more expensive than the 360 YET IT STILL OUTSELLS IT. Then what does that say for the 360 if the “failing” consoke still can outsell it with NO PRICE CUT.

the ps3 isn't considered a failure, but at the very least it's been a disappointment for sony.  We'll have to see how it performs in it's complete life cycle before we can call it a success, failure or somewhere in between.

are u abnormal???

The only console which is failing is X360.

PS3 will do more than x360 in 2 years LTD sales at the end of december 2008

LBP will give PS3 a permamnent edge over x360 in HW sales

x360 is already finished in europe and Japan. MS also has no trump card left since x360 costs 1/3 as a ps3 in most parts of the world

PS3 will sell 100m + lifetime. I can bet on that.

It launched at 600$ /Euro and it still costs 600$ in europe. It is selling just as good as X360

x360 will survive this year but from 09 and beyond it will all over for x360 in console war

Yes, you know when you outsell a company in there homeland for 7 weeks in a row, in a country that hates xbox you are definitly finished.

PS3 isnt 600 bucks in europe.

It will sell 50million max only because playstation is a huge name in consoles.

Xbox 3 is going to rape ps4.

Around the Network
Neos said:
lwhatee said:
NiKKoM said:
lwhatee said:

It launched at 600$ /Euro and it still costs 600$ in europe. It is selling just as good as X360

Guess I live in a different Europe then you... 0_o still €600???

OT.. I Blame the Wii.. it's stealing thunder from both HD systems..

I said 600 $ --dollars

PS3 will also steal wii's thunder when it drops in price in eu

Wii is a fad . as soon as Blu Ray market penetration increases PS3 sales will explode in europe

X360 and PS3 are not in the same position in europe. No one wants x360 in europe excepting British. However it could also be due to the price. it is 1/3 the price of a pS3 in UK

oh no he didn't!

amg he did!

Almost 34 million and going strong and someone still calls the WII a fad when will it end.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

The only reason why the 360 is getting low sales is because of brand name. I 100% garuntee that 360's would be competing with wii sales right now if it was called playstation 360. (Or playstation 3!) and the PS3 would be getting outsold by the PS2 right now if it was called xbox 360.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

iclim4 said:
kowenicki said:

Thats just plain wrong.  The arguement for the last 2 years has been exactly that.  PS3 fans stating that the PS3 was better value actually and that the 360 was too expensive once you added in all the "bits".  

Lets face it the 360 is doing much much better than anyone expected at the start of this gen and thats why the Sony fans are rattled and look for any old nonsense to put it down.

What is plain wrong?
The argument last 2 years ago was that the ps3 doesn't have any games. 360 fans stating that the PS3 sucked because all it had was one single good FPS. Why aren't 360 fanboys using that argument now? because circumstances change.

Yes the 360 is doing much better than most people expected at the start of this generation (So is the Wii for that matter) but that was 3 years ago, you need to check current trends. You wouldn't expect the Wii to sell less than the PS3 or the Xbox360 this holiday season would you?(That was what most people thought at the start of this gen)

This thread isn't nonsense. The Xbox360 can do better with this price point, why isn't it?
It's a viable discussion topic, yet you take offense from it, why?

My advice to you is to wait until after Christmas is over. You will see how the game really plays out after that time when the numbers come in.

hunter_alien said:
d21lewis said:
The 360 does everything right, but people just don't trust it yet.

Hardly... online is nit free, and 1st party support is far the worst from the 3...

But thrird party support is the best

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Around the Network
Gamer4eva said:

From the recent sales figures, i think the 360 is doing ok but is doing poor when you look at how cheap it actually is.

In the US it starts from $199

In the UK it starts from £99 (Tesco and Sainsbury's)

etc, etc.

If we compare it to the PS3 this week, it outsold it by 20k, which i think is pretty poor. 

My point is, why is it selling so badly for it's price point?

its the truth and i agree but your going to get a lot of shit for making this thread!

the ps3 will rise over the 360 and will be the 1st console to do it

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

URNotE said:
the ps3 will rise over the 360 and will be the 1st console to do it

What does that mean?  Wii is already way over 360 so how can PS3 be the first console to do it?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Its easy op.

PS3 is a much better value.
Its a more reliable product.
Its from a more liked/popular brand name.
It has better games.
It has Free online.
It has Blu Ray.

The arcade 360 sucks!!! there's no getting around that, MS messed up.

twingo said:
Its easy op.

PS3 is a much better value.
Its a more reliable product.
Its from a more liked/popular brand name.
It has better games.
It has Free online.
It has Blu Ray.

The arcade 360 sucks!!! there's no getting around that, MS messed up.

Better value $200.00 vs $400.00 maybe were you come from

More relialble was true before the jasper set came out not anymore

More popular like brand SERIOUSLY!!!  Not how I make my buinsess and game choices

Better games...The 360 has a bigger and better library

It has free online cause Live is superios

It has blu ray...yes it does

Not sure how the sales of the 360 turned into a PS3 vs PS3 thread but get some facts please