By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll Results for multiplatform games...notice anything wrong with this?!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/923/923583p1.html

Poll Results - November Games

What's your top pick for the November flurry?

October 24, 2008 - If you thought October was a big month for games, buckle your seatbelt for November. Traditionally the most populous month for game releases, this November refuses to buck tradition. Week after week hosts triple-A titles that gamers have read about for months, like Call of Duty: World at War and Mirror's Edge. With so many games on tap, it may be hard for gamers to prioritize their purchases. Which do you go for on day one? Which games go on a wish list? And which games can wait until early next year, when the release schedule slows back down?

We asked readers which big cross-platform November release they planned to pick up first. Here's how you voted:

Even though Call of Duty: World at War is not a direct sequel to last year's bestselling Call of Duty 4, nor is it developed by Infinity Ward, the brand is still an absolute behemoth. There's almost no stopping it. Lagging a bit behind is Valve's Left 4 Dead, which benefits from not only its pedigree, but also from its promising co-op play. Valve scored big with last year's Orange Box and judging by your enthusiasm, it looks like Gabe Newell will have another good holiday.

The second tier of games includes Mirror's Edge, which is a brand new IP. In an industry that is driven by franchises, it's good to see both Mirror's Edge and Left 4 Dead ranking so high. WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 is doing predictably well, but the interest in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is almost as high. Do that many of you really want to see whether or not Batman can beat up Scorpion?

The back of the pack includes a very familiar face -- Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic Unleashed is a change from the Sonic the Hedgehog re-boot from a couple years ago. The emphasis is back on speed, and the new werewolf stuff could be promising. Shaun White, used to coming in first place, ranks last. His snowboarding game didn't register too strongly on our poll. It will be intriguing to see if one version of the game outperforms other, such as the Wii edition that uses the Wii Balance Board.

Around the Network

What's wrong?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

It's in the PS3 section and Left4Dead is 360/PC only. Lame.

I thought L4D is an exclusive?! I keep hearing rumors of this over and over again

jerseyboy609 said:
I thought L4D is an exclusive?! I keep hearing rumors of this over and over again

It's 360/PC, so it's multiplat

Around the Network

lol you shouldnt of bolded/ underlined it, might of proved more of a challenge :p

but truely all i can say is not this again. so many rumors so many times the rumors have been squashed only to be followed by more rumors. only time will tell.

It's Multiplat with PC. That's not what's wrong. What's wrong is that SONIC UNLEASHED IS NOT NEAR THE TOP!!!!

4 ≈ One

Yeah...

People still buy Sonic games??

the.. the 3d ones?

Wow.

Sonic should never have left the Genesis

If a game is on more than one platform, it's...multiplatform!

What's so hard to understand about this?