By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I walked into Gamestop today expecting to get ripped off...

Yah there's better deals at gamestop...like trade in any 2 next gen games for 10 dollars more. Or the buy 2 used get 1 free deal I used to pick up Perfect Dark, Prey, and Table Tennis.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

lucky

man u guys are lucky to live in cities with game stop, even if they are a bit 360 sided

here in the city i live in, we have EB Games, those guys rip u off so badly

for example one time i bought a new copy NFS carbon. 2 weeks later i decided to trade it in and get some instore credit for a memory stick for my new psp, thats when a 1 gb was like $50, now u can get a 8gb for $50. so i go there, and guess wat he offers me... $10 for the game. i was so mad. i shoulda just said no and walked out, but i was pretty bored with that game, so ya.

i bet they sold it for like $30 after. cuz all second hand games are $30 there

Sometimes they surprise you, not often, but sometimes.

sharv33n said:
lucky

man u guys are lucky to live in cities with game stop, even if they are a bit 360 sided

for example one time i bought a new copy NFS carbon. 2 weeks later i decided to trade it in and get some instore credit for a memory stick for my new psp, thats when a 1 gb was like $50, now u can get a 8gb for $50. so i go there, and guess wat he offers me... $10 for the game. i was so mad. i shoulda just said no and walked out, but i was pretty bored with that game, so ya.

Ouch I just bought GRAW from EB a week ago the one near me has a used game of the week sale. GRAW on 360 was usually 9.99 but they had it 5 dollars off so I couldn't resist. For my trade ins I rarely use gamestop and prefer Gamecrazy, they seem to give better values.

Yeeeah, you could've done better on eBay.

Resistance - $25
Motorstorm - $15
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $20
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $15

Total - $75

Although, that's not too bad a difference, all things considered.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

^not too bad? That's a 50 percent increase...

eh, yeah e-bay would have gotten me some more money, but gamestop was easier and instant gratification, who doesn't want that :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

bodhi14 said:
I went in a few months ago to sell Madden '07... I was doomed from the start to get a low price because there was a HUGE ad on the outside window for Madden 09, which just released. And what do ya know, they only offered me 50 cents, so I kept the game instead. Oh well, I love them anyway...

they offer me 10 cents for COD2

sharv33n said:
lucky

You do realize Gamestop owns EB Games????? I am not going to make fun for this but I hope you realize that there is a bullshit monopoly out there.  Sure they hook you up with semi deals sometimes but as far as I am concered I'd rather give my money to Fry's Electronics over Gamestop any day....

Funny story though I went into Gamestop a few months ago and the stupid idiots were trying to sell Super Smash Bros Melee used for 49.99. I mean the nerve. The game came out when GCN came out. I still have a copy and just laughed at it and talked shit to person at counter. I guess they were trying to say it was nostalgia or hard to get????