By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resistance 2, Gears 1.5, or, erm, Animal Crossing?

Nah, I don't let other peoples opinion decide what I think of games. I play PC FPS alot, and there is absolutly no doubt(to me) that the first one was a below average FPS. It just wasn't any fun. And the only thing that seems to be able to change that, is the co-op, but if the gameplay still sucks, what good is it going to do? As a FPS elitist, it's hard for me to take it seriously.

Around the Network

@ zenFoldor:

IGN stated that they understand people calling it 1.5, and that Cliffy B has denied such allegations. They also admit that the cover system has been improved, although they cannot find the 400 improvements that Cliffy B claims and such. They state that it's possible to call it 1.5, although they do not do so themselves. So it's not as if no site ever has alluded to the 1.5 name.

AC > Gears 2 >> Resistance 2

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

ZenfoldorVGI said:
oliminator1994 said:
as we can all see Resistance 2 looks more impressive than others, as the Op said

"Gears 1.5, or, erm, Animal Crossing"

A. The gears 1.5 comment was a joke in poor taste, as explained in the OP.

B. We can't all see share your biased opinion, because we're not all biased.

C. You are obviously biased and pro-Sony. If Gears 2 was on PS3 and R2 on 360, you would be saying, "Gears 2 is clearly the more impressive game, as we can all see."

That's my opinion.

Very true.  It's amazing how people's bias controls their opinion.  Although many times they actually do know which is better but their bias prevents them from admitting the truth.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Gears 2 by a landslide, The 360 doesn't have the highest games attach rate for nothing you know...... And besides, Theres been some pretty good games for the 360 this year but Gears 2 is the killer app that (Most) of us have been waiting for................. (Well, 360 owners anyway)

Around the Network

Well Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2 might have bigger launches, but Animal Crossing Wii will outsell them both in lifetime sales without a problem.

dejelek said:

Resistance 0.5

resistance 0.xx

Wow ! Great comeback. No, that was awesome ! well done.. you win the internets. Congratulations!

if for some reason someone can't tell i was being sarcastic.

Check out my game about moles ^

oliminator1994 said:

I was just quoting the other games that you metioned, i could be bothered typing so i just pasted.

If you have played in Resistance 2 Beta you will see how impressive it is.

Ill admit i havent played in the Animal crossing Beta, but i dont feel that i would like it, my opinion.

Ive seen 60 player online and i was impressed by that, i like the fact that you can have 2 player online on 1 console.

To me and the migority of people who have played previous games and seen trailers footage gamplay or got both consoles i can tell you that there is a clear winner.

Why did you bring up Animal Crossing? Does that mean you've played the Gears 2 beta?

It's looking like there is no clear winner this time around. Nothing like Resistance vs Gears of War anyway, because R1 was trash in comparison. Everyone says R2 is a much bigger jump because R1 was terrible mediocre.

papflesje said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
matt247 said:
I heard that Resistance only sold a million, the rest were bundled, so it's difficult to tell how many people liked the game or just wanted a free game with the console. I agree with your sales, but I think R2 will sell faster(1st week-1 month) than AC, but AC will have legs. Also, you say R2 is very gory, does that mean it will be banned in Germany & Japan like Gears of War 2? I think the people that are calling Gear 1.5 are PS fanboys because nobody is saying R1.5 since they were both released at the same time and I haven't heard anything new about it.

Generally speaking, the Gears 1.5 is a marginalization was invented by PS fanboys after IGN named Gears 2 the best technical graphics at E3, over Killzone 2. It's a reference to the graphics.

Nobody calles Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 4.5. Trust me, it's a fanboy thing. No legitimate source with any credibility called Gears 2, Gears 1.5. All previews have been fantastic.

....which would make this statment in the OP:

The game is being labelled Gears of War 1.5 in some places.

Either ignorance or fanboyism, by definition.

IGN and gamefly are two sites that have mentioned the possibility of calling it 1.5.  They may not have said it as "it IS", but they have certainly commented on the fact that it may be called that.  (not justifying it, but just rebutting that "no legitimate source with any credibility...")

You got the link to that?

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

ZenfoldorVGI said:
oliminator1994 said:
as we can all see Resistance 2 looks more impressive than others, as the Op said

"Gears 1.5, or, erm, Animal Crossing"

A. The gears 1.5 comment was a joke in poor taste, as explained in the OP.

B. We can't all see share your biased opinion, because we're not all biased.

C. You are obviously biased and pro-Sony. If Gears 2 was on PS3 and R2 on 360, you would be saying, "Gears 2 is clearly the more impressive game, as we can all see."

That's my opinion.

Agreed and well said.  It would be gears 2.5...LOL

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks