By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii gamecube games soon be expensive?

Finnbar said:
who plays last gen games?
they just collect dust at my house

Umm I do, and 5th, 4th, and sometimes 3rd gen games as well.

Around the Network

Pikmin 2 is still expensive....like $35.... crazy

Why do you guys want Eternal Darkness again? That game was terrible.
Leave it alone.........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Um... I had a GC and now a Wii and I still don't really want Luigi's mansion. I doubt many Wii ownders even know about it. I'll get a Wiimake of it though if it comes out.

"Pikmin 2 is still expensive....like $35.... crazy"

PIcked it up on ebay for that price. Any game can be the Suikoden II of tommorow. I remember when that game was $10 and nobody wanted it then but now $100+.

Around the Network

Nintendo are releasing wiimakes of their biggest GC games. This means that if F.I Super Mario Sunshine gets huge demand, they can make a Wiimake for it. So the games that increase in price will get Wiimakes, and that will lower the prices. Except for a few titles of course, like for instance Eternal Dark Ness.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Ninty could very well do some sort of Wii bundle with some great GC games packed-in.

SaviorX said:
Why do you guys want Eternal Darkness again? That game was terrible.
Leave it alone.........

I bought that game and for the like the first 15 minutes I was thinking that and couldn't understand wy it had such a good score.  Controls seemed so bad, etc...  then woke up (you start in a dream) and eventually you learn the controls, etc...  and the game is awsome.  The game received a well deserved 92 on metacritic as one of the top 10 out of over 500 gamecube games.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I suspect you didn't even play it an hour if you think it was terrible.  The longer you play, the better the game is.

I saw Gamestop trying to sell a copy of Smash Bros Melee used for $49.99..... However, that is Gamestop and I only laughed at them when I saw it for that price. I already have all copies of Smash and once the new ones are released I never go back to the older versions. I remember one time I popped in Smash for N64 after playing Melee for awhile and I thought the game was running in slow motion.

I got Eternal Darkness used for 7 bucks a month ago.

Anyways, used Gamecube game sales have definately picked up with the Wii's success. But there were already so many used titles out there that it shouldn't cause a price increase.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.