By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that had certain things removed before release

What games do you know that were supposed to have certain things or elements that ended up being removed from the final version? Am sure theres a lot, heres two from the top of my head...

In mass effect, you were able to interrupt characters during a conversation, but just before the game came out they removed it, said they would make an effort to put it in the sequel...

And I remember having a magazine back in the day with an artical about Mortal Kombat 4, and it said while fighting things like coins and stuff would fall out of their pockets, didnt see that in the final version...

Any other interesting ones?

Around the Network

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC had to change the Joker's awesome fatality.

Command & Conquer renegade:
-Multiple online game modes (for instance capture the mobius which required you to precure dr. ignato mobius (a scientist from the cnc franchise)
-Cut's in multiple vehicles and units (a lot of things were changed or canned due to limited time for instance the ssml and recon bike)
-Nod campaign (this is my biggest annoyence XD)

Alright... there were probably some other cuts but those were the ones i could think off from the top of my head :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Too Human had 4 player onlines coop removed. Damn shame as it would have been twice the game with this mode in as far as im concerned.

Justin said:

really ? :( it was awesome

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Staude said:
Justin said:

really ? :( it was awesome

I also didn't know this....sucks

Warhawk -- Single Player Mode

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ending scene of Metal Gear Solid 2

Zelda Ocarina of Time had one piece of music slightly altered after release. It had to do with chanting during one of the songs. This is the closest analogy to the current LBP situation which is why I assume you created this thread.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

dougsdad0629 said:
Zelda Ocarina of Time had one piece of music slightly altered after release. It had to do with chanting during one of the songs. This is the closest analogy to the current LBP situation which is why I assume you created this thread.

Actually I had the idea of making this thread for a while, its funny but LBP wasn't even on my mind when I made this....which coming to think of, wonder why I didnt...