By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What did you guys think of Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows?!

Harry potter and the deathly hallows... Was... I.M.H.O: Fantastic! Brilliant!... I'm sad now i've read the 7 book long story and already know all the ins and outs of the Harry potter series!

But what did you guys think was the best part of the book?!

If u add spoilers: Do it like this: Spoiler*: Dobby dies..

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Battle of Hogwarts

It was pretty good, I enjoyed it at least.  The pacing of the first 200 pages and the last 200 pages was pretty insane, especially the last part of the book.  There were bits that dragged there in the end like the wedding and the for the most part where they were just hiding out and hoping from camp site to camp site but it was still a good read.  Up until about where the broke into the Malfoy's Mansion I kept expecting Dumbledore to cam because Snape and Dumbledore had done muggle magic to fake his death.

OMG SPOILER!! Soylent Green is people!

Also, I hated the epilogue. I wouldn't have minded if it was up to maybe 4 years in the future, but 19 was annoying. Partly because I just wasn't a fan--except the last sentence-- but also because it makes it hard for any books between the Deathly Hallows and the epilogue to be released. We know Harry lives and has a family. We know his friends lives. We know he becomes pleasant with the Malfoy's. We know Voldemort doesn't return. There of course could still be plenty of stories, but that just took away a lot of interesting possibilities.

-edit-
Also this made me giggle.  Not so much for the guys being dicks and revealing spoilers to midnight launch people, but because the lady at the end maced him.

omg.. i thought you were just blacking it off for like show... i can't believe i highlighted it! ;p

Around the Network
twesterm said:

Also, I hated the epilogue. I wouldn't have minded if it was up to maybe 4 years in the future, but 19 was annoying. Partly because I just wasn't a fan--except the last sentence-- but also because it makes it hard for any books between the Deathly Hallows and the epilogue to be released. We know Harry lives and has a family. We know his friends lives. We know he becomes pleasant with the Malfoy's. We know Voldemort doesn't return. There of course could still be plenty of stories, but that just took away a lot of interesting possibilities.

-edit-
Also this made me giggle.  Not so much for the guys being dicks and revealing spoilers to midnight launch people, but because the lady at the end maced him.

There is a reason that JKR did that... now no one will be able to write stories about harry from the time of the last book until 19 years later... we already know that nothing happened in that time.

euclid said:
twesterm said:

-edit-
Also this made me giggle. Not so much for the guys being dicks and revealing spoilers to midnight launch people, but because the lady at the end maced him.

There is a reason that JKR did that... now no one will be able to write stories about harry from the time of the last book until 19 years later... we already know that nothing happened in that time.

Did we?  I don't really keep up to date on Harry Potter news but didn't realize that it was already said nothing happens for 19 years.  Still doesn't change the fact I don't like it.  :-p

Excellent last 200 pages. the lack of Hogwarts during the last 500 almost killed me.

I thought these parts were awesome:

First 50 pages: 7 Harry's trying (Polyjuice potions... To make the Death eaters confused) to reach their protected shelter... Voldemort trying to kill Harry during the flight... And Sirius' motor breaking down with Hagrid and Harry on it... (Btw: He lost Hedwig during that flight)... At page 56 i had to take a break... And i was seriously scared Hagrid was gonna die!... Cause Hagrid was like, the most brilliant symphatising character in the book!

Another one: The wedding at 'the burrow'... They were having an afterparty... Discussing Dumbledores history and stuff... When a lynx enters the tent... With the message: 'The ministry of magic has fallen, the minister is dead'... You see people still looking at the place where the lynx spoke, and disappeared... And it takes a while to realise they are in mortal danger, for the ministry's protective spells have evaporated... People start screaming... 'run for your lives...' and guests starts apparating (teleporting sort of...)... When death eaters start to appear and Harry, Ron and Hermione are forced to disapparate...

Battle for hogwarts: Harry acting like he's dead... Snape's memory when he's about to die, BRILLIANT.

Btw: Harry tried to give him some honor by naming his second child: Albus Severus Potter.

THE NETHERLANDS

Btw: the deathly hallows are:

1) The elder wand... Dumbledore won it from grendelwand... And Snape took it from Dumbledore (Which was supposed to happen... According to Dumbledores plan).

2) Harry's cloack: Harry is a descendant of one of the three brothers who got the hallows, as the story goes, from death itself.

3) The ressurection stone: Given by dumbledore to Harry with the Snitch Dumbledore left him. He had to touch the snitch with it's mouth... And be in mortal peril! (He had to admit he was gonna die... Which actually didn't happen)... And said: 'I'm about to die' when the snitch opened (Snitched remember the person who caught it first... Which was Harry during his first Quidditch match) The ressurection stone only ressurects the incarnations of the people you love, other people can't see em and they are a sort of cross-over between spirits and living beings... Kinda like ghosts! They can communicate and stuff like that!... Harry sees his mother Lily, his father James, His Godfather Sirius, Tonks, Lupin, etc...

Some other facts:

1) Godric Gryffondor's sword choses Ron as his master...

2) Wormtail shows remorse cause he was friends with James Potter and 'owes' Harry something cause Harry saved his live in book 3. As such, he is strangled by a cursed chain around his neck cause somehow Voldemort knew it would happen.

3)   Ginny and Harry get married, and so doe Ron and Hermione.

THE NETHERLANDS