By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will gears 2 really move systems? read

matt247 said:
fans of the PC version might buy a 360 knowing that gears 2 won't come to the PC and did Halo 2 move consoles?

well no one new that gears 1 was coming to pc either.

Around the Network

Yes and no.

Gears it sell not so much, but all the advertising 360 will get from this yes.

That make any sense to any one ?

gears will move some consoles but is not something like grand turismo or halo...

All massively hyped games will move systems. Some more so than others, but still.

And being a sequel doesn't change that. That's like saying San Andreas and Halo 2 weren't system sellers.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I wish people would stop with this bull. All massively hyped games will move systems. Some more so than others, but still.

And being a sequel doesn't change that. That's like saying San Andreas and Halo 2 weren't system sellers.

They weren't.

Sand Andreas was released on a system that was selling extremely well long before that game was ever even thought of, and Halo 2 was released during the 2004 holiday season, after which Xbox sales returned to normal. Had Halo 2 or 3 been released in April or May, there probably would have been a one or two week spike in sales and then back to normal ala GTAIV or MGS4.

There are games that move hardware, but not in the way that people on gaming forums would like to think.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network

As Squilliam alluded too, Gears is a unique shooter in that it is very easy to play and very difficult to master.

Therefore it is both accessible and purchasable by hardcores, along with being on a cheap as system now.

That said, much of the shooter crowd have already bought into the console.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
As Squilliam alluded too, Gears is a unique shooter in that it is very easy to play and very difficult to master.

Therefore it is both accessible and purchasable by hardcores, along with being on a cheap as system now.

That said, much of the shooter crowd have already bought into the console.

That really is the beauty of gears it is easy to play and you never have to master it and you can go online and have fun and get a few victorys.  I never mastered it but played it through all diffciulties and online for 100+ hours.  To be honest I still and not that good

I loved gears and am pshyed for Gears 2 bring on horde mode

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks