By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will gears 2 really move systems? read

Gears 2 will move people who wanted a 360 but couldn't quite justiffy the price. $50 cheaper+ new AAA FPS may equal a buy for some. Same thing for Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 for PS3 though.

Around the Network

fans of the PC version might buy a 360 knowing that gears 2 won't come to the PC and did Halo 2 move consoles?

Its not going to move much consoles at all cause the original Gears was on the 360 and the sequel will be too. So those who played/own the first one won't be buying another console. A slight peak in sales but not enough to call it "moving consoles"

Probably it will boost the sales of the X360 as much as R2 will boost the sales of the PS3.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Halo 2 moved a fairly substantial number of Xboxes. Just saying o.O

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

It will get some PS3 owners to jump on and perhaps a few Wii owners... PC owners may pick one up since the this one is a no go for PCs. This game is Massive... It has the potential to dethrone Halo 3 in software first week.

Not sure it will move many consoles I think it well sell millions fast including one to me, but I think any one game no matter how big at this stage in the life cycle wont have much effect.

The price cut, the downturn in the economy (nice to have a $200.00 console) and Christmas, plus gears 2 should be a good christmas for the box

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

IMO, it will give a slight hardware boost, but not too much. Gears 2 sales, however, will be Enormous!

Cueil said:
It will get some PS3 owners to jump on and perhaps a few Wii owners... PC owners may pick one up since the this one is a no go for PCs. This game is Massive... It has the potential to dethrone Halo 3 in software first week.

I agree that there will likely be a few crossovers who pick it up, but I have serious doubts about Halo 3 level sales for the game.  It will be huge, but not 3.8M huge.

izaaz101 said:
makingmusic476 said:
No more than Resistance 2. Which is to say, most likely not at all. Gears 2 is in general more of the same. It won't attract anymore people than the original did. If it was a different franchise, than it might attract some shooter fans that Halo and Gears could not get on board, but even then the effect would be very small.

What sort of effect do you think that Killzone 2 will have?

Maybe a small effect on hard, as it is remarkably different form the other FPS currently on the ps3, but not much.

I think it'll sell great, though.  It will do better than Resistance 2, imo, and could even top CoD4.