By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFS...Sony is not in Trouble....

> "2.....Other companies aren't exactly thriving either. eg. Microsoft continues to eat into their profits with the whole RROD issue, and they're share price is falling down too!"

Failure + Failure =/= Success. Microsoft and Sony could BOTH exit the game market at the end of this generation. I don't think that's likely, but it's certainly possible.

As for falling share prices, that's happening across the board. The real question is who has a business strategy that will survive or even thrive in this recession? The answer is Nintendo, which is setting sales records AND making a profit on every piece of hardware sold.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
sega4life said:
SMcc1887 said:
LMAO....there isn't 1 of them buttons on a Dualshock 3

Well if your using your PS3's Web Browser to type on forums, use this key.

I don't think the button performs the same way as the computer.  The start/enter button just exits you out of the keypad from what i remember.

It doesn't, but there is a "Line Break" button when typing Body Text.

couchmonkey said:
> "2.....Other companies aren't exactly thriving either. eg. Microsoft continues to eat into their profits with the whole RROD issue, and they're share price is falling down too!"

Failure + Failure =/= Success. Microsoft and Sony could BOTH exit the game market at the end of this generation. I don't think that's likely, but it's certainly possible.

As for falling share prices, that's happening across the board. The real question is who has a business strategy that will survive or even thrive in this recession? The answer is Nintendo, which is setting sales records AND making a profit on every piece of hardware sold.

Microsoft and Nintendo shares are falling but not so much their profit (even though they both will make less profit than expected). Sony isn't in the deep shit but they are not thriving either. The problem with Sony is that they need to change their business model. Until now, they always used the entertainment part of their business to push the hardware part of their business:

Sony records: push walkman, discman

Sony Pictures: push TVs, video players

SCE: push TVs and multimedia functionalities

The competition is harder now than it was. Sony has been expelled from the hardware music industry by Apple. Their TVs are still going strong but the competition is also strong: LG, Samsung, Panasonic, etc.

In all their years on top, Sony was only able to create one very successful franchise (Gran Turismo). It's only now that they are in 3rd place that they realize what they should have realized 10 years ago: they are not only selling Playstation to sell TVs but to sell games.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

tuoyo said:
sega4life said:

After you find it, use it.

Super LOL

Super lol #2.

What real world are you living in? I didn't know making money meant you were in deep shit... 

Around the Network

Microsoft is in trouble as well btw xD
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/playback/playback-19/1259454
if you seen that it says Microsoft is on a law suit because they were aware of the rrod and if the suit is successful they will have to return all profits from the 3 year it started on the 360
and wow 1.2 billion on rrod even though its not bad as the ps3 3 billion before =(

forsaken0825 said:
Microsoft is in trouble as well btw xD
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/playback/playback-19/1259454
if you seen that it says Microsoft is on a law suit because they were aware of the rrod and if the suit is successful they will have to return all profits from the 3 year it started on the 360
and wow 1.2 billion on rrod even though its not bad as the ps3 3 billion before =(

They are never going to win this!!  With the wartrently in place MS covered themselves. Please notice I didnt say it was or was not true jus they wouldnt be able to prove it

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks