By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFS...Sony is not in Trouble....

Sony will survive they did make some major blunders this round and this econic downturn could not come at a worse time for them.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

In fanboy lala land. Sony is doing GREAT, but in the real world of finance and business...sony is in deep sh!t.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

sega4life said:

After you find it, use it.

Super LOL

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

blackstar said:
this year and the next one will be tough on Sony , best luck for them
btw they are in trouble, the $ and the euro is failing them hard
but i agree not that big trouble

Type this on PS3 Web bEDwser . It does the same as enter on Return on PC "
" Use whats inside the inverted commas excluding the inverted commas. EDit : You have to quote me to see Whats inside

SMcc1887 said:
5.....Although it's unlikely, If Sony got slaughtered in the rest of this Gen the would still remain in the videogame industry. Eg. In the 2 previous Gens Sony has destroyed Nintendo.....now look at them.

There's my cue!

Sony didn't destroying Nintendo isn't really relevant. The problem lies in the fact that the PS3 is (or was, at least) destroying Sony. The N64 or Gamecube didn't do this to Nintendo. If Sony cannot make a profit on their games division, they aren't going to stay in the industry. I think they're doing fine now, but another PS3-like disaster would end it. On the other hand, Nintendo would stay even if they could only manage Gamecube-like sales.

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:
blackstar said:
btw they are in trouble, the $ and the euro are failing them hard

" Use whats inside the inverted commas excluding the inverted commas. EDit : You have to quote me to see Whats inside

lol , what was that?? i don't get it

ot: on title :
i first read it like this :FFS = Final Fantasy sucks

blackstar said:
blazinhead89 said:
blackstar said:
btw they are in trouble, the $ and the euro are failing them hard

lol , what was that?? i don't get it

LOL. nvm. Its too hard to explain

blackstar said:
ot: on title :
i first read it like this :FFS = Final Fantasy sucks

xD

c0rd said:
SMcc1887 said:
5.....Although it's unlikely, If Sony got slaughtered in the rest of this Gen the would still remain in the videogame industry. Eg. In the 2 previous Gens Sony has destroyed Nintendo.....now look at them.

There's my cue!

Sony didn't destroying Nintendo isn't really relevant. The problem lies in the fact that the PS3 is (or was, at least) destroying Sony. The N64 or Gamecube didn't do this to Nintendo. If Sony cannot make a profit on their games division, they aren't going to stay in the industry. I think they're doing fine now, but another PS3-like disaster would end it. On the other hand, Nintendo would stay even if they could only manage Gamecube-like sales.

I'd also like to add, sony uses Loss Leader strategy, where it loses on hardware to gain market share where Nintendo uses a more sustainable market setup. The Gamecube still earned profit for Nintendo. Their strategy is sustainable especially in a world economy where everything is up in the air and left to question, loss leading is a horrible strategy.