By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest selling games of the holiday season

Well are we talking the totals of the games on December 31st 2008, or the total? Cause those are two very different answers.

Around the Network

If you are talking a holiday season, woud it be from November 28th to December 24th? Sales prior to November 28th are not really generally part of the holiday season. Strictly talking America holiday season with these dates. You really should define what you consider "holiday season" as it can mean different things to different people.

Gears 2

I've got to say, I think MKWii and Wii Fit are going to be toward the top.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Are you really suggesting that Fable II will sell more than Call of Duty 5? And over 5 million, no less? There hasn't been a Tomb Raider game that has sold over a million since what...the Playstation 1? And given the complete platform change of the series (from Nintendo 64 to Xbox 360), I have my doubts about Banjo selling over 2 million. Prince of Persia would take a lot of hype to sell over 3 million, and I don't think it has it.

Besides that huge list, everything else seems right.

Around the Network

I am thinking Fallout 3 may take the prize

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

The biggest selling games this season are going to made up largely of games released before the holiday season. Wii Fit, Wii Play and Mario Kart Wii as some prime examples.