By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Long or Short game?

If you had to choose between a short game which had alot of replayability with a variety of stories according to gameplay, or a long game with limited replayability with the same story each time, which would you choose.

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

Around the Network

Hmmm..... If the Short game is under 10 hours and the long game is over 45, I go for the long game.

If the short game is around 15 hours and the long game is around 37.5 I go for the short game.

But really it depends on which game I think is cooler...

4 ≈ One

monkeyman40210 said:

If you had to choose between a short game which had alot of replayability with a variety of stories according to gameplay, or a long game with limited replayability with the same story each time, which would you choose.

Short games. I have a limited time to play games and a very short attention span to boot. So generally I play games maybe half an hour to two hours max at a sitting and that generally happens 2 times a week so if a game is taking too long to complete I will get bored and stop playing it. I like games you can just pick up and play for a bit and leave it, like fighting games.

Depends on the genre and how good the game is.

If the game is a really really good RPG then long game. If the game is an average RPG then short game. If the game is an RTS then short game.

I use to love my long games but I like short quick games now. One of my favorite games in Excite Truck because I can play a few races and be happy.

Around the Network

A lot of the games I like tend to be on the shorter side (15 hours or so). I usually don't like it when a game tends to drag on-and-on.

SMG was too short. I want SMB3 and SMW length

RE4 is actually too long but it is awesome anyway. 20 hrs should be the length of all games. Thats good value

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Short, arcade-style games with reasonable difficulty and a lot of replayability.

In fact, just bring back arcades.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Something Resident Evil 4 length is what I like. It wasn't too short, and wasn't too long, and having finished it once I would like to go back and play it again. Something like that is good. But I love a good RPG that you could probably get 100hours out of.

Before, I would have said long, but now I prefer short games. This is why I like games like Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space, you know they're short and linear, but when you do a few runs of them, you find out that they're still quite long (with all the extras) and worth your money in the long run.

Finding time to play video games is pretty hard now... Luckily, old-school gaming exists (talking about games like Gradius and all)! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!