By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 producer - Wii couldn’t handle title screen of RE5

@beja: I'm not respecting any dev who bullshits not my console, but people who supported their games for a long time. I can't understand that attitude from people that one would think that should be serious, but they go out and talk crap about a console that could bring them big bucks.

Maybe I don't like assholes like him, that's what pisses me off.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

We call this bull. Well, heres to RE5 on 360!

Let's get this straight. Wii fans are upset because Kawata-san was TOO BLUNT. He could have been more diplomatic and avoided such wording. I agree to this.

But what is the talk that the Wii can handle RE5 if Capcom wanted to? Didn't Dead Rising already tell us otherwise?

Others went on the sourgraping route. "I don't need RE5". Yeah. All of a sudden, the RE franchise became insignificant.

Let's not be too sensitive about this.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

libellule said:
I remember, just after E32007 :

"""third party are shifting to the wii, GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"""

Too bad, it is still not true +1 year later

Neverthless, Capcom is still delivering MonsterHunter3 for the Wii and that is better that nothing.

I'm sure MH3 will end up on XBLA ;-P

Maybe still bitter after Gamecube re4 preformance?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Oh course it can't, the game isn't produced on a Wii disc.

Silly Capcom Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 games don't work on a Wii!

Around the Network
trestres said:
@beja: I'm not respecting any dev who bullshits not my console, but people who supported their games for a long time. I can't understand that attitude from people that one would think that should be serious, but they go out and talk crap about a console that could bring them big bucks.

Maybe I don't like assholes like him, that's what pisses me off.

As a huge fan of RE 4 and an owner of the wii and ps2 I seriously don't see how you can be upset. If you want to play the game that badly buy the 360 or PS3. I will be playing this game next year and loving it. Its Capcom's decision on platform and they have given the Wii great support. Capcom has been posting nonstop profit and are commited to multiplat releases. That said you cannot expect every PS360 game to be ported to the Wii you just can't.

Nintendo released their console took the risk and reaped the success their sacrifice of graphics however does mean they cant have all the same games as the competitors.

Capcom gave the wii some great games. Are delivering DR, MH3, and Tetsunok v Capcom. Those are great games. Buy them enjoy them. Thats what gamings all about if their is a game you want to play then play it dont whine about not being able to.

@trestes
well that asshole is making 2009 game of the year.

@beja: Hmmm, you may have misunderstood my post. I'm not angry about Wii not getting RE5, but about that ass talking crap about the Wii. It seems that Capcom enjoys seeing Wii owners suffer :P

After all those tests one would expect a big announcement, so it's their fault for getting people's hopes up and then delivering ports or rushed games.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Jo21 said:
@trestes
well that asshole is making 2009 game of the year.

Wait, his not working on MadWorld.

Now now Ninty fans lets not pick on RE5. RE5 is still going to be awesome.

Now wishful thinking of mine would have loved RE5 to use the RE4 engine and have it on Wii but I'm guessing that would have taken too much time and money which usually is the opposite of what Wii developers think.

Point being is that this title is going to sell and they don't need to put it on Wii even if it will sell. But I wished they would have because wiimote control is better haha.