By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 producer - Wii couldn’t handle title screen of RE5

http://gonintendo.com/?p=60645#comment-2257387

A portion of a CVG interview with Resident Evil 5 producer Masachika Kawata…

CVG: Thing’s in Resident Evil 5 look superficially similar to Resi 4; what’s been improved here?

Kawata: First of all, and quite obviously, the graphics. Even the title screen of this couldn’t have been done on PS2 or Wii.

Oh, come on now. Don’t you think that’s taking things a bit too far? I’m sure the Wii could have lived up to the title screen. It almost sounds like Mr. Kawata is trying too hard to convince us that RE5 is that much better than RE4.

WTF is wrong with Capcom? I was starting to like them again, but now they come again with their stupid talk and BS. Of course this confirms no RE5 for the Wii even though it could be done and they just don't want to do it.

Lol RE5 looks like a glorified RE4, such dumbasses. What this guy said was just an insult towards Wii owners.
He is at the same time saying PS2 = Wii in terms of power.

Lol Capcom, just lol.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Lol. The wii got pawned hard. Obviously the wii can take the title screen but he is exagerating the power of the wii. lol.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

I still put in my vote for an exclusive RE game for the Wii. I can get 5 for one of my HD systems.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I remember, just after E32007 :

"""third party are shifting to the wii, GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"""

Too bad, it is still not true +1 year later

Neverthless, Capcom is still delivering MonsterHunter3 for the Wii and that is better that nothing.

Time to Work !

ultimate_123 said:
Lol. The wii got pawned hard. Obviously the wii can take the title screen but he is exagerating the power of the wii. lol.

Yeah the Wii got pawned by him yet it is pawning everything ells HARD!

I don’t blame capcom he is just an idiot, Mikami(sp?) is so much cooler

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

@libellule: Games take more than a year to develop, such ignorance is not allowed here. Also I believe most of the devs finally accepted that the Wii would be a giant hit only after the beginning of this year. Games should start arriving next year. And don't forget that not all third parties will support the Wii seriously, with Capcom being one of them.

Thanks for trying though, but that wasn't too intelligent.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

lol wii can handle the RE4.5 title screen

Lol, it's perfectly feasable the Wii couldn't handle the title screen, it depends what the title screen does regarding what the Wii can support.

ie there will have been certain features in GameCube or Xbox games (perhaps in the title screens) that couldn't have been done on the PS2, but decent developers get around these problems.

trestres said:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=60645#comment-2257387

A portion of a CVG interview with Resident Evil 5 producer Masachika Kawata…

CVG: Thing’s in Resident Evil 5 look superficially similar to Resi 4; what’s been improved here?

Kawata: First of all, and quite obviously, the graphics. Even the title screen of this couldn’t have been done on PS2 or Wii.

Oh, come on now. Don’t you think that’s taking things a bit too far? I’m sure the Wii could have lived up to the title screen. It almost sounds like Mr. Kawata is trying too hard to convince us that RE5 is that much better than RE4.

WTF is wrong with Capcom? I was starting to like them again, but now they come again with their stupid talk and BS. Of course this confirms no RE5 for the Wii even though it could be done and they just don't want to do it.

Lol RE5 looks like a glorified RE4, such dumbasses. What this guy said was just an insult towards Wii owners.
He is at the same time saying PS2 = Wii in terms of power.

Lol Capcom, just lol.

capcom gives us Dante and RE , ur hate for capcom can't be justified

So Masachika Kawata says that only "The power of teh Cell" and "The power of teh Xenos" can handle THE TITLE SCREEN??? so THE TITLE SCREEN is not a simple pre-rendered video??? My god...