By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Sony needs to stop drinking its own Kool-Aid

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Jordahn said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
thejuicingamer said:
yea the guy who wrote that article has no clue what he's talking about, lmao at the part where he's talking about sony HDTV's, the bravias are top of the line you get what you pay for cheap skate

Samsung is more "top of the line" than Sony is at the moment.

Yeah, pretty much. It's all about consistancy. Samsung makes great TVs, at great prices, that are very popular. Doesn't get more "top of the line" than that.

Not true. DLP televisions have always suffered from the rainbow effect (Samsung were making DLP televisions then) until recently with the incorporation of the 3 chip DLP which Samsung now employs. Also, Samsung expressed regrets when SONY ended their LCD partnership when SONY decided to partner with SHARP instead.

EDIT: And to elaborate on that past Samsung and SONY relationship, you call Samsung "top of the line" which I've agreed, but it also applied to SONY since their LCD technology were developed in the same plant because of their joint venture...

Samsung and Sony To Consolidate Their LCD Lines

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Samsung-And-Sony-to-Consolidate-their-LCD-Lines-64252.shtml

So, yeah, if you think Samsung is "top of the line", I agree as well as I did in a previous post. But given the big picture, you need to give SONY as much credit as Samsung given the facts. Pease put down your personal SONY hate and see the truth.

:)

I was addressing Sony's customer service, stability, selection, warranty, and pricing rather than just the components. 2 years ago, Sony was the best HDTV on the market(like the PS2), imo. Now, you've actually got choice for top of the line TVs(like with game consoles), like Pioneer, Sony, and Samsung. It is just my anecdotal experience that Samsung is more "top of the line" than Sony when it comes down to all the features. Sucks for Sony to lose their dominance, but choice is always a good thing.

It's hard for me to gauge where they are in "dominance" within the past few months. I don't even think it was so much of a dominance But I know they were no.1 in Japan and no. 2 in the world this past spring. I personally think SONY still makes some of the best televisions now, but we can agree to disagree. Have a good night, man. And I sincerely take back that "hate" comment in my last point. Later.

EDIT: Just for the heck of it, here is a news article on SON'sY partnership with Sharp...

Sony and Sharp in tune over LCD factory

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article3440594.ece

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
Jordahn said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Jordahn said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
thejuicingamer said:
yea the guy who wrote that article has no clue what he's talking about, lmao at the part where he's talking about sony HDTV's, the bravias are top of the line you get what you pay for cheap skate

Samsung is more "top of the line" than Sony is at the moment.

Yeah, pretty much. It's all about consistancy. Samsung makes great TVs, at great prices, that are very popular. Doesn't get more "top of the line" than that.

Not true. DLP televisions have always suffered from the rainbow effect (Samsung were making DLP televisions then) until recently with the incorporation of the 3 chip DLP which Samsung now employs. Also, Samsung expressed regrets when SONY ended their LCD partnership when SONY decided to partner with SHARP instead.

EDIT: And to elaborate on that past Samsung and SONY relationship, you call Samsung "top of the line" which I've agreed, but it also applied to SONY since their LCD technology were developed in the same plant because of their joint venture...

Samsung and Sony To Consolidate Their LCD Lines

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Samsung-And-Sony-to-Consolidate-their-LCD-Lines-64252.shtml

So, yeah, if you think Samsung is "top of the line", I agree as well as I did in a previous post. But given the big picture, you need to give SONY as much credit as Samsung given the facts. Pease put down your personal SONY hate and see the truth.

:)

I was addressing Sony's customer service, stability, selection, warranty, and pricing rather than just the components. 2 years ago, Sony was the best HDTV on the market(like the PS2), imo. Now, you've actually got choice for top of the line TVs(like with game consoles), like Pioneer, Sony, and Samsung. It is just my anecdotal experience that Samsung is more "top of the line" than Sony when it comes down to all the features. Sucks for Sony to lose their dominance, but choice is always a good thing.

It's hard for me to gauge where they are in "dominance" within the past few months. I don't even think it was so much of a dominance But I know they were no.1 in Japan and no. 2 in the world this past spring. I personally think SONY still makes some of the best televisions now, but we can agree to disagree. Have a good night, man. And I sincerely take back that "hate" comment in my last point. Later.

EDIT: Just for the heck of it, here is a news article on SON'sY partnership with Sharp...

Sony and Sharp in tune over LCD factory

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article3440594.ece

Uhhhh dude, Samsung is the top HD LCD TV provider in terms of technology.

Samsung and Sony are considered the best in LCD technology because they are partners in LCD production. If you look at pricing the are similiar also cause they use similar technology. When I went to buy my TV it was a samsung I went to buy but the Sony was cheaper so I went Sony. Sony does have a GREAT reputation for building quality TV's and in my opinion you cant wrong with a sony.

Look at the history of TV, at one time Sharp made the best LCD, one time Mitsubushi were the best, but always SOny is a leader for the past 20 years thats impressive.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Look at the history of TV, at one time Sharp made the best LCD, one time Mitsubushi were the best, but always SOny is a leader for the past 20 years thats impressive.

Actually true. When I looked for a TV, Toshiba and Sony made the best ones. A year later Toshiba was bad and Sharp and Sony made the best ones. A year later Samsung and Sony made the best ones and Sharp had some problems.

If you are willing to do research you will get a similar quality TV to a Sony for a lower price. But being always top-notch has its advantages. Nobody was ever fired for buying IBM.

Kyros said:

Actually true. When I looked for a TV, Toshiba and Sony made the best ones. A year later Toshiba was bad and Sharp and Sony made the best ones. A year later Samsung and Sony made the best ones and Sharp had some problems.

If you are willing to do research you will get a similar quality TV to a Sony for a lower price. But being always top-notch has its advantages. Nobody was ever fired for buying IBM.

Also if you wait and look for slaes you can get a sony for the same or less price than the competetion. I love my sony TV's though they wouldnt be happy to see the 360 hooked to it..

The PS2 is also though

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks