By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great time for Puzzle game fans--Possibly the best ever

I've never really considered myself a puzzle gaming fan, but over the past 2 weeks i've been playing them like crazy, and I realized what a great time this is for them right now.

Some of the best puzzlers in years (or perhaps ever) are showing up as cheap downloadable purchases.  Orbient and World of Goo for WiiWare are both original and excelent puzzle games that recently released for bargain prices.  Tetris Party also released for the wii this past Monday--and though I havent played it yet--based upon previews and reviews its still tetris and still one of the best.

Portal: Still Alive for the 360 came out on Wednesday... and I took a sick day.  I never played the Orange box and had about 3 non-stop hours to dedicate to it... it did not disappoint.

all of this, and even the PS3 had one extremely original and engaging puzzler come out this year with echochrome.

Collectively, all of these puzzlers will provide you with TONS of entertainment, and if even you bought all of them you'd only be out about $75! There's no doubt this has to be one of the best periods for puzzlers...EVER.

Around the Network

Damn right. And don't forget the point-and-click revival the Wii is generating.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Art Style: Cubello is better than Art Style: Orbient from what I've played.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:

Really? The video didn't look that spectacular to me. Maybe I'll have to try it out for myself, it's not like it'll set me back very much.

But first, I'll have to finish off those evil bonus levels in Orbient.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
SmokedHostage said:

Really? The video didn't look that spectacular to me. Maybe I'll have to try it out for myself, it's not like it'll set me back very much.

But first, I'll have to finish off those evil bonus levels in Orbient.

I found it to be more fun.  The precision and skill needed for a shooter with the gameplay mechanics of a puzzle game.  I easily fell in love with it.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

^Precision and skill needed for a shooter in a puzzle game... sounds like you're describing portal

polezo said:

^Precision and skill needed for a shooter in a puzzle game... sounds like you're describing portal

The strange thing about that is, a Cubello looks just like a Companion Cube.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Tetris Party is great. Lot of unique modes.

(>'.')> 700th post

Agreed. World of Goo got me interested, and I just might download it. Professor Layton also is also a blast (just beat the game today).

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Puzzle Quest : Galactrix is coming too.