By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX 360 Pro + WiFi + 1Years Live + No RROD = FTW.

BottledSpringWater said:
MrBubbles said:
wifi is garbage

Not when you have a 3 story house and the Xbox 360 in the leisure room in the basement, and the modem/router on the top floor with the computer.

Not when you own a laptop.

Not when you don't want to drill holes all over the house or have cables running around the house.

I think Wi-fi is amazing. Even for gaming, I experience absolutely no lag/breaks or even disconnections. Once you set it up perfectly, it's awesome as heck...

Wifi is slower than using an Ethernet cable and ethernet is a lot better for streaming movies. MS not including wifi to make the console cost less is a smart idea. Not all 360 users have the internet or wifi, so why make them pay extra for something they don't need. You can have ethernet available in every room kinda of like having a LAN line in every room. I have a 2 story house with ethernet available in every bedroom and the living room without having holes everywhere, just put one of those covers over the wall like your phone line has. I would only use wifi for portable devices like a laptop.

Around the Network

there should be a poll created to see which people have their console in the room in which they also have their router.

99.9% will say that they dont have both in the same room

matt247 said:
BottledSpringWater said:
MrBubbles said:
wifi is garbage

Not when you have a 3 story house and the Xbox 360 in the leisure room in the basement, and the modem/router on the top floor with the computer.

Not when you own a laptop.

Not when you don't want to drill holes all over the house or have cables running around the house.

I think Wi-fi is amazing. Even for gaming, I experience absolutely no lag/breaks or even disconnections. Once you set it up perfectly, it's awesome as heck...

Wifi is slower than using an Ethernet cable and ethernet is a lot better for streaming movies. MS not including wifi to make the console cost less is a smart idea. Not all 360 users have the internet or wifi, so why make them pay extra for something th ey don't need. You can have ethernet available in every room kinda of like having a LAN line in every room. I have a 2 story house with ethernet available in every bedroom and the living room without having holes everywhere, just put one of those covers over the wall like your phone line has. I would only use wifi for portable devices like a laptop.

That might be true. But what happens when people need it, they have to pay X 4 the price for a wifi adapter, thats fucking stealing... and wifi is not that slow when you are are not transfering more than it can handle... oh and i dont live in USA and 90% of my friends have wifi... so i really do think that a lot of people need it

yeah and wifi is not crap when u have 5 laptops 4 desktops and a ps3 and 360 on your house...

I will agree that MS should include the WiFi adapter in bundles.

If nothing at all MS should lower the price of their accessories like the WiFi Adapter..

But I know many people that will never use WiFi because they are FPS buffs.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704030

Just buy a juicy N router or two.

You'll actually get decent performance unlike the PS3/Xbox 360 official stuff.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704030

Just buy a juicy N router or two.

You'll actually get decent performance unlike the PS3/Xbox 360 official stuff.

lol i import those from china and sell them xD

Million said:

Instead of aggresive price cutting why don't MS increase the XBOX 360's value for money ? . i'd much rather have an all inclusive XBOX 360 with a decent price point than a cheap XBOX 360 which i'll eventualy have to pay more than the cost of a PS3 for . it''s one of the main things putting me off the 360 in order to use it conveniently i'd have to spend near the cost of a new PS3.

What are your thoughts ?

MS doesn't care about what you think about overpriced acessories. They know you will buy it, and if you don't someone else will. Sadly this is the biggest downfall being a MS fan like myself, but it doesn't really matter. They make their money off of live and acessories outside of game sales so they fall back on that. Though I serously wish WiFi was $50. I think next gen we'll see Wi-Fi built into it just because of all the complaints however, and they will figure out a new way to marginize their acessories.

It's just that simple.

Microsoft doesn't want to be hemorrhaging money like sony right now.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
Microsoft doesn't want to be hemorrhaging money like sony right now.

And Microsoft just had another profitable quarter, and will most likely have another when the holiday season is over. Once the Jaspers start rollin they'll have a guranteed price drop unless they decide to drop the price in another three months lol.

It's just that simple.

Sorry guys but I'm totally hostile to the WIFI.

This week I went to my little cousin's place to help him patch his PS3 and it took ages via the WIFI.

Why would I pay a more expensive console for a device I will never use ? I rather have a couple of good games for the price instead.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.