By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OPM UK givea 9/10 to Resistance 2.

good score R2

Around the Network
papflesje said:
disolitude said:
Lol...I hated bioshock...and it got a 10. Shows how flawed review system is. the guy reviewing these games doesn't know you and your gaming tastes. I will bet any money I "personally" would enjoy resistance, silent hill and dead space more than LBP.

.. So a reviewer is bad because he doesn't rank the games the same way you do?  Perhaps he has a very good reason to rate it this way.

Not what Im saying at all. I'm not attacking the reviewer at all.

If you are looking at reviews to be able to brag to your friends that your favourite game got a better score than theirs...then the review system is great.

If you are looking at reviews to determine what game you want to play next, this doesn't work. I'd rather take a 7/10 Silent hill than 10/10 Final Fantasy any day. Those are my gaming preferences. I'm sure you have yours as well...and so does the reviewer. Having someone elses gaming prefferences judge games for you just doesnt work...

Ah, you meant it like that. I gave your words another connotation

Thats a fine score, good for Resistance 2. Also, I really am interested in Mirror's edge and Midnight Club: L.A. Damn, the next few months are gonna be fun times.

If you are looking at reviews to determine what game you want to play next, this doesn't work.

IF you are ONLY looking at reviews, this doesn't work. You need to look at the genre and if you like the particular type of game of course as well. But reviews give you a pretty nice ranking and are good at getting rid of the bad ones.

Around the Network

pacific rift 8/10? ah well i was expecting a nine from all the extra features but heh still solid

A good 9 for ME, pity I can't read any of the reviews until I get back to the UK

Just to note, they have given 10's to CoD 4, GTA IV, MGS 4, Elder Scrolls 4 and LBP (I think that's it) Uncharted only managed a 9...

Saints row 2 only a 5?

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

How does a year old port of a game that looks worse over all on the PS3 get a 10/10. The game has nothing on R2. And the game was not even worth a perfect score for last years version.

Griffin said:
How does a year old port of a game that looks worse over all on the PS3 get a 10/10. The game has nothing on R2. And the game was not even worth a perfect score for last years version.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bioshock is better than R2. I doubt resistance can touch it in the story department, and it looks like R2 will be behind in the graphics and art direction department as well. Plus Bioshock had gameplay that as actually unique.

However, I agree that Bioshock shouldn't be a 10. And I would have expected R to get a higher score from an official publication.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"