By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable II players report game breaking glitch

This sounds bad will there be a patch.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/10/24/fable-ii-players-report-game-breaking-glitch/

Heres a copy of piece.

We've been receiving reports from several gamers -- and the Lionhead forums are positively buzzing -- about a game breaking glitch in Fable II. The glitch occurs during the quest called "Monk's Quest," in which players are tasked with speaking to the Abbot of the Temple of Light in Oakfield. Apparently, if players run into the temple, begin the conversation with the Abbot, and then leave the region before the conversation is finished, they are be unable to resume the quest, thus preventing them from completing the main story. Lionhead is currently working on the issue and advises all players to make sure to finish the conversation and cut scene before leaving the area. At the moment there is no fix for those who have already encountered the glitch.

Another glitch discovered in the game causes those who take one of their heroes into co-op with another player starting a new game. Apparently, when leaving childhood, all experience and gold will be wiped from the co-op character. Lionhead hopes to address this glitch in a title update, but advises players to only play co-op after the childhood stage has been completed.

Around the Network

This game requires major patching, reports of it freezing (I experienced that myself) and bricking consoles (thankfully not mine though). This game is unplayable for some.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Wow, that sucks. I'll make sure to be careful now when I get there. Thanks for the warning!

Thanks for the warning. My wife picked up my copy of the game while I was out of town on business, and I planned to start playing tonight.

Just started playing again today. When you start the game it has a prompt to udate the game. Might be a patch to fix something. I wonder what it was for?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

@pbroy:
That might be the patch for online co-op. Did you already receive that patch?

This game needs a patch. This is a serious bug and is no laughing matter

thankfully im past that mission. But i watched my friend do that mission and skip the conversation and he was still able to finish the quest. As of yet i haven't encountered any glitches.

crumas2 said:
@pbroy:
That might be the patch for online co-op. Did you already receive that patch?

I did that already. This is a new one.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

just another example of a game getting rushed off the line to achieve some quick sales, sign of the times