By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP 3000 will outsell DSi this holiday season

I doubt it... unless your talking PSP 3000 ONLY vs DSi ONLY, which isn't fair...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
RED53DEVILS said:

I think the new version of PSP will outsell the new version of DS.PSP 3000 has more advancement like better screen display,improved audio quality and couple of other things.On the other side DSi has a camera and is sleeker then the previous one but i don't think people are gonna buy DSi for a camera,they basically want it for gaming and in that case PSP 3000 is better.Don't go by the early criticizing of the new LCD of 3000 having line,Sony said it was because the old games weren't compatiBLE with that resolution and it correct that with a simple update cause its more of a software problem then a hardware and no further problems will be there in future and old games.

begone Bold Statements of Fail and BS.

besides from the subject i see fail all over this thread. dsi will launch only in japan this year and psp3k will launch worldwide in 2008.

PSP 3000 will be/has been released worldwide so it's not a fair comparison. (although DSi still has a chance considering PSP 3000 isn't making much of an impact outside Japan)

DSi will have less time to sell by a couple of weeks, but also is only releasing in Japan.

If you were to compare DSi to PSP 3000 in Japan only, i would be a fair comparison, but you would be wrong as DSi should outsell PSP3000

Not a fair comparison for reasons people have already mentioned. The only way PSP wins is comparing DSi (Japan only) with PSP3000 worldwide. If you compare PSP (all versions) v DS (all versions) world wide it is going to be a slaughter of such a huge scale (we all know who will be doing the slaughtering). If you compare DSi Japan v PSP3000 should be DSi that wins.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Godot said:
RED53DEVILS said:

DS is much better for gaming... Basically, the PSP is popular because it's a multimedia device. Just look at the software sales if you're not convinced.

The PSP is also very popular for gaming (old non-PSP games).

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

If its PSP-3000 vs NDSi only then i could see the PSP winning since its tagged still at $169 where word is that the NDSi will roughly be around $189? But i think the NDSL will still overpower

The PSP won't outsell the DS from now till the end of time. quote me plz.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Nintendo would never lose in a handheld battle...ever. It's been on top for nearly twenty years and taken on all those who have tried to surpass it. The PSP has been the closest and it's a still a giant margin between them. The only real hope that the PSP has it that everyone has a DS judging by the fact it will break 100 million sometime next year. The PSP could still reach out to those who don't already have one.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

DSi online yes
DSi + DSL no chance!

illuminatus said:
what do PSP and DS cost right now in NA and what did they cost last holiday season? which price will the 3000 have?

could someone post this please?

nobody?