By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 is now officially the next MS Triple AAA game

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Paul_Warren said:

oweverToo many things to reply to really.

@Zen...I'm not 40, I'm 35. There is a difference. Do you know basic math?

And what happened to me?  I got bit by a werewolf while trying to protect some random girl at a carnival in Kentucky where my family had a barony, and now I am an immortal werewolf though truly through no fault of my own.  You know, as the rain falls to the stream and the stream flows to the river.

Dave Halverson says Golden Axe: Beast Rider is a 90? I knew it was going to be better than Fable II.  However, part of Play and Gamefan's charm is that they have always been the champions of good games that were destined to get poor review scores from most other publications or that for some reason just weren't going to have the mass market appeal of some games that might not actually be the best games out there.

This gen they've given 10s to Heavenly Sword, Persona 3:  FES, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank Future, MGS 4, GTA 4, Kenshan!, Gears of War, and 9's to Folklore, Lost Odyssey, and Beast Rider.

Dude....I can't believe you're 35. I just can't....I mean...why are you so immature? You read your own posts, right? Would you classify them as mature?

I thought you were like....eight....

Anyway, I already owned the haters in this thread, when I pointed out the much less harsh OPMuk gave R2 a 9/10, which according to them is worse than quite a few other PS3 games, while according to OXMuk, Gears 2 could still be the 5th best game on the Xbox 360, and they sure as hell don't get the final say. At the very least, we'll have to wait for all reviews to come in, before we lable either of these games anything.

Paul knew he wasnt winning the metacritic argument and went to the IGN, play magazine one

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

LOL. This thread got bonkers.

JaggedSac said:
LOL. This thread got bonkers.

It happpens they tend by page three to get off topic, this one stayed most of the time

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

It's one heck of game and it deserves the awesome sales it is receiving. Triple A indeed.

Fall out three this week should also be a AAA game

Around the Network

Sales info:

Talked to ioi and Fable 2 is a million seller :)

It *may* not hit it after this week's LTD total, but as of Sunday its well over 1m and climbing.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Sales info:

It *may* not hit it after this week's LTD total, but as of Sunday its well over 1m and climbing.

Maybe when we add in japan week 1 it'll hit a million. It only got what, 2 days in others, but do all games only get 2 days in others?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

mrstickball said:
Sales info:

Excellent news for both Lionhead and M$.  This extremely fun game deserves the sales.  Everyone should play it.  Haven't had this much fun in a while.

According to ioi's estimates (which are just estimates as more data comes in), Fable 2 will indeed clear 1m on the week - without Japan.

700k+ North America
304k PAL/Others

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Paul_Warren said:

"If you go to gamerankings Uncharted is no longer at 90%. So that's not AAA exclusive?"

A little misleading info here. IGN gave Uncharted a 9.1, they only gave Fable 2 an 88; and IGN has long been the best game site on the web. And if that wasn't enough to make Uncharted a AAA game, then a review score of 10 in Dave Halverson (the greatest American video game magazine editor / journalist to ever live)'s Play Magazine (Direct Descendant of the Greatest American Video Game Magazine of All Time Dave Halverson's DieHard Gamefan) certainly is.

IGN gave Little Big Planet a 9.5, and they gave Fallout 3 on the PC and PS3 a 9.6.

I might be remiss for pointing this out, but there has been a lot of confusion about it with Fable 2, saying it wouldn't even be the best wrpg this month, or whatever.

Well, Fallout 3 is better than LBP, according to IGN. :P

Also, LBP isn't the best game...this month, again according to IGN. It's just the best game on the PS3, this month. There are better games on the 360 and PC, namely fallout 3, which scored a 9.6.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.