By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 is now officially the next MS Triple AAA game

starcraft said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Godot said:
That AAA thing is bullshit. AAA is supposed to mean perfection, you know like 100% average. No game has that. A game with 90% shoud be a A game. Otherwise here's what you get for ranking:

AAA: 90+
AA: 80-90
A: 70-80
B: 60-70
C: 50-60
D:40-50
E (or F): below 40

That doesn't make sense. AAA is just a stupid buzz word that doesn't mean anything.

Disagree, in the sense that it has a historical use and development.  It may have changed over time, and people may disagree about it, but I think we generally have a sense that AAA games bring clout to a system...they are considered good games AND they sell a lot. 

Now.  STARCRAFT MADE UP THE IDEA THAT AAA MEANS 90% ON METACRITIC.  HE DID IT BECAUSE AT THE TIME 360, WHICH LAUNCHED A YEAR BEFORE PS3, HAD A MUCH MORE LOPSIDED ADVANTAGE THAN IT DOES NOW IN 90% RATED GAMES.  It will matter little because PS3 will end up with more 90% rated games than 360, period.  Toss out the online games and recognize that 360 has a number of lucky barely-hanging-in-with-a-90-flat games right now, and its nearly even already, despite the fact that PS3 has had so much less time to put out 90% rated games.

Whilst I did not invent the AAA means > or = 90% on Metacritic concept, I appreciate the fact that you consider me so notorious.

I just dropped by to point out that 17 90%+ games to 7 90%+ games does not equal "nearly even."

Yeah, you kinda did.

"Whilst" I didn't go to metacritic to check the numbers to be sure, and won't do so now, if you look at the bolded phrase, what I said is not far off.  Btw, I thought PS3 had 8 now?  I only know by your sig; I don't check this shit. (oh..I see from someone else's post that Uncharted may no longer be 'an AAA game' now....LOL.  Puts the lie to the AAA equals 90 on metacritic BS.)

Plus, given that PS3 has had 1 year shorter to get its scores, I certainly like its prospects.

Around the Network
Paul_Warren said:

"If you go to gamerankings Uncharted is no longer at 90%. So that's not AAA exclusive?"

A little misleading info here. IGN gave Uncharted a 9.1, they only gave Fable 2 an 88; and IGN has long been the best game site on the web. And if that wasn't enough to make Uncharted a AAA game, then a review score of 10 in Dave Halverson (the greatest American video game magazine editor / journalist to ever live)'s Play Magazine (Direct Descendant of the Greatest American Video Game Magazine of All Time Dave Halverson's DieHard Gamefan) certainly is.

Uncharted's zombies... Any relation to you?

http://www.playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=884&page=2

"Regarding many of the “reviews” on Sega’s Golden Axe: Beast Rider: Be wary. The majority of these people (can’t call them critics) either didn’t complete a fraction of the game, don’t understand game design, or just plain suck at games."

"But to score Beast Rider below a 7 is just irresponsible. These are not valid “opinions” of professional gamers. It’s painfully obvious these people have at best grazed the surface of the overall game which by action gaming standards is anything but short. Avoid critic sites like the plague."

Metacritic. 42

Thats how Awesome ol' Dave is.

IGN => Your heroes gave it a 32% score.

Tease.

Paul_Warren said:

"If you go to gamerankings Uncharted is no longer at 90%. So that's not AAA exclusive?"

A little misleading info here. IGN gave Uncharted a 9.1, they only gave Fable 2 an 88; and IGN has long been the best game site on the web. And if that wasn't enough to make Uncharted a AAA game, then a review score of 10 in Dave Halverson (the greatest American video game magazine editor / journalist to ever live)'s Play Magazine (Direct Descendant of the Greatest American Video Game Magazine of All Time Dave Halverson's DieHard Gamefan) certainly is.

Technically yes it makes ot not a AAA game if the rating is not 90.  But does that matter if you like uncharted?

IGN is only one web sight thats why metacritic is so good your taking a look at many reviews and many divese opinions. 

I didnt start the thread to pick on any other titles just glad fable 2 was getting the recognition it deserves

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:
"LOL. WTF?!?!"

I'll try to make it simpler for you.

IGN widely considered to be the best video game website on the internet gave Uncharted a 91 and Fable II an 88.

Die Hard Gamefan was the greatest American Video Game Magazine of All Time. It is the only American Video Game Magazine to ever rival Famitsu as the World's Greatest Video Game Magazine. DieHard Gamefan is currently called Play Magazine.

The Editor in Chief of DieHard Gamefan was Dave Halverson. Dave Halverson was the original editor of Play Magazine. He has now taken a break from those duties at Play but is still reviewing games for the magazine. Dave Halverson and his associates like Nick Des Barres have been the greatest American Video Game Journalists and reviewers since the days of the Genesis, PC Engine, and SNES in the 16-bit days. Something that can't be said for some 25 year old handing out ten's for Fable II at some of the publications mentioned above.

Play Magazine gave Uncharted 10. That means it is AAA even if a site like Game Rankings only gives it an 89.

Sure let me make it simplier for you if gameranking gives it an 89 its NOT a AAA game.

IGN is not considerd to be the best game websight by me, so there goes that argument. Play magazine I can point out plenty for Fable 2 stating best game ...yada yada yada

Sorry to say the defintion of a AAA game can not be based on one or two reviews.  Thats the beauty of gamerankings

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Around the Network
Paul_Warren said:
"LOL. WTF?!?!"

IGN widely considered to be the best video game website on the internet gave Uncharted a 91 and Fable II an 88.

Die Hard Gamefan was the greatest American Video Game Magazine of All Time. It is the only American Video Game Magazine to ever rival Famitsu as the World's Greatest Video Game Magazine. DieHard Gamefan is currently called Play Magazine.

The Editor in Chief of DieHard Gamefan was Dave Halverson. Dave Halverson was the original editor of Play Magazine. He has now taken a break from those duties at Play but is still reviewing games for the magazine. Dave Halverson and his associates like Nick Des Barres have been the greatest American Video Game Journalists and reviewers since the days of the Genesis, PC Engine, and SNES in the 16-bit days. Something that can't be said for some 25 year old handing out ten's for Fable II at some of the publications mentioned above.

Play Magazine gave Uncharted 10. That means it is AAA even if a site like Game Rankings only gives it an 89.

He also gave golden axe beast rider a 90 which makes it AAA? Except that pretty much everyone else called it as total trash.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Paul_Warren said:
"LOL. WTF?!?!"

He also gave golden axe beast rider a 90 which makes it AAA? Except that pretty much everyone else called it as total trash.

Thanks Squilliam thats why you cant take one or two reviews and say it should be X thats why gameranking pulling in 50-100 reviews makes a game AAA

no offense, i don't have fable 2 cause i don't own a 360. but i am very interested in this game.

i ask few of my friends who played fable 2, most of them told me that the game play is very free and interesting. but they feel that the main story is a bit short and do not last very long.....
some of them already selling the game away.

Jason77 said:
no offense, i don't have fable 2 cause i don't own a 360. but i am very interested in this game.

i ask few of my friends who played fable 2, most of them told me that the game play is very free and interesting. but they feel that the main story is a bit short and dose not last very long.....
some of them already selling the game away.

I have heard that also personally I like that you can play it quick if you want or you can spend 60-100 hours if you want its up to you how you want to play it.  I personally consider it a plus

I just got Fable2, but I haven't played it. Isn't the main quest suppose to be short so you can play it over and over in order to try different paths?

And a little OT... this is perhaps the last RPG I'm going to try. I haven't enjoyed an RPG in about 10 years... so we'll see how it goes.