By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance no longer Resistance?

Dolla Dolla said:
I've heard it's borrowed a lot from other successful games.

Of course it has. The series reminds me of alot of games. It's nothing new.

Around the Network

If R2 is no longer Resistance then damnit, I didn't want Resistance! I enjoyed the first game but this just blows it out of the water.

PS3 Trophies

Just played it at a friends house. Neat game. Adds nothing new to games but makes it one hell of a solid game. PS3 owners should all at least give this game a try.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

ultimate_123 said:
Just played it at a friends house. Neat game. Adds nothing new to games but makes it one hell of a solid game. PS3 owners should all at least give this game a try.

Are you kidding? The co-op is like an MMO raid in FPS form. I love it and I've never seen anything like it.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

BILL COSBY!!! said:
ultimate_123 said:

Are you kidding? The co-op is like an MMO raid in FPS form. I love it and I've never seen anything like it.

Yeah but whats so new about it? I can play the same on many other PC/360 games but with only a few less players.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

Been playing it some more and I must say, I take back everything I said.

I'm used to the controls now and it DOES require skill in a 1 on 1. 60 player battles are huge fun, espcially in open areas. It really feels bigger than anything before. The Chimeran ships in the sky are a nice touch.

The Co-op alone is enough for this game to get 11 out of 10, the amount of teamwork going on is amazing, people are actually helping eachother out, which is very, very rare on other games. Boss battles are immense. Revolutionary co-op. Lag free. That in itself would be worth the £40.

The graphics I'm sure will be sorted for the final version.

A more than worthy contender for game of the year.

Well done Insomniac.

ultimate_123 said:
Bobo012893 said:
I think everyone bashing R2 for not being enough like the first one is really dumb. I has improved so much over the first that I am dumbfounded.

Aiming is a lot better and the pace is much improved as well. The graphics in the beta are even good and I can't imagine what they'll be like in the retail.

I mean, does everyone really want a cookie-cutter version of the first game with improved graphics? Does everyone just want a Gears 2?

Ironically Gears 2 will outsell and outscore Resistance 2. Yeah a cookie cut verion.

Unfortunately, sales don't translate into quality. Just look at Wii Music.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

ultimate_123 said:
BILL COSBY!!! said:
ultimate_123 said:

Yeah but whats so new about it? I can play the same on many other PC/360 games but with only a few less players.

Same could be said sbout Gears 2

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893