By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - could Sony and Microsoft to exit console wars after PS3 and Xbox 360?

Last time I checked Sony had more 1st party developments resources than both Nintendo and Sony .

Short answer No.....Long answer No.

Around the Network

radha, people tend to use the phrase "this case is different" in order to say something that is pretty much unfounded.
The logic is, "there is no proof they can survive, because there is no data"
therefore "cannot survive"
if something isn't white that doesn't make it black.
These events will not happen. ms hasn't even made a penny, and you think sony will pull out after having made money before? They will just have a different system come next gen, a cheaper more affordable system, but high-tech in it's own right.

Oh, and MS just posted a profit in the gaming division for last quarter. Guess the doom and gloom is a bit pre-mature. MS stock is currently on the rise....just reported on Fox News!

http://www.microsoft.com/msft/earnings/FY09/earn_rel_q1_09.mspx

TheTruthHurts! said:
Oh, and MS just posted a profit in the gaming division for last quarter. Guess the doom and gloom is a bit pre-mature. MS stock is currently on the rise....just reported on Fox News!

http://www.microsoft.com/msft/earnings/FY09/earn_rel_q1_09.mspx

*sigh* that's the entertainment devision which includes the gaming division (keyword include) that division also accounts for Zune , media centres etc . It's not exactly clear how much the 360 contributes or takes from the divisions profit but more likely than not (especialy with the recent price cuts ) the XBOX 360 is not profitable.

Isn't M$ rising in share price because they are buying back shares to increase it?

Anyway, Sony will not quit the market after investing so much money, and as we all know the PS4 will not release 10 years after the PS3

Around the Network

Sony and MS have enough money in their reserves to lose money on their consoles for generations to come!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

kylohk said:
Sony and MS have enough money in their reserves to lose money on their consoles for generations to come!

But will their investors let them?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

^Maybe for another gen or two.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

The_God_of_War said:

And MS are surely working on the 720 as we speak.

I doubt it will be called Xbox 720.  I once joked that it would be called Xbox 24x7, but I'm thinking they'll give it an abstract name, much like Wii and Vista have nothing to do with their predecessors' names.  Either that, or they skip ahead on version numbers (a la Excel) and call it Xbox4 to line up with PS4.

rager1969 said:
The_God_of_War said:

And MS are surely working on the 720 as we speak.

I doubt it will be called Xbox 720.  I once joked that it would be called Xbox 24x7, but I'm thinking they'll give it an abstract name, much like Wii and Vista have nothing to do with their predecessors' names.  Either that, or they skip ahead on version numbers (a la Excel) and call it Xbox4 to line up with PS4.

They've gone back to home kernel numbers with Windows as they've recently announced that Windows 7 will officially be named Windows 7.

The Next-box could easily be named Xbox 2010 or Xbox 3.