By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP is Sony's last chance to pull ahead

Sony could put out a $299.99 PS3 with a 20 gig harddrive if they can put out an 80 gig model at $399.99.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Grey Acumen said:

So what do people think? Does LBP actually have a shot at making a last difference in sales? or is it just going to be the typical "sales go up for a couple weeks, then everythign goes back to normal"?

I think it coudl go either way, but if LBP DOESN'T make a lasting difference, then I do't think any other game in the future is going to do it, which will leave Sony is pretty much locked at 3rd place.

Maybe you should change your OP then?  Just sayin'.

Sorry, you're right on that. That should be something along teh lines of "does LBP have a shot at leading the trend that will make a lasting difference in sales"

i think i was also reffering the fact that i expect this game to have signifigantly stronger legs than most of the hardcore games that have come out already.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Maynard_Tool said:
^ good thing? Can the afford a price cut??? Isnt sony losing a lot of money already????

Some people just can't understand the fact that this is a business, and sooner or later, you've got to conenct the financial dots.  Sony shot it's wad late last year and thru the beginning half of 2008...now they have to wait until the dust settles and they can get mroe efficiencies out of the PS3 production line.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

It is almost a given that the PS3 will pass the 360 in Others in the next six months. Not even two massive price cuts have been able to give the 360 any kind of real momentum there. So, while the 360 may have built up a lead in the US that might be too high to pass here what will happen is that the PS3 will pass and continue to dominate the 360 in Others which will reduce the significance of the 360's lead in the US, and the fact that FFXIII won't be on the 360 in Japan also ensures that the 360 won't reach a million consoles sold there this gen whereas the PS3 will probably get at least five to ten million sold in Japan.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8