By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Help me justify buying a Sega Saturn

My local gameshop has a Sega Saturn for £15!!!

I really want it, but I want to justify my purchase with good games. So basically can somebody suggest good games I should get that sell the system?

It comes with Command and conquer and some strategy game I don't know. (looks like return fire, but it's not)

Around the Network

I do not know. Virtua Fighter 2 was a great game on Saturn.

Well I'm not sure what Saturn games were released in your territory, but a Saturn is a great buy. I have 3 Saturns (1 US/2 JP)

I don't have all my Saturn games listed, but the ones in my profile are pretty good. http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=8854

Also depends on what kind of games you like. Fighters are great on the Saturn (e.g. VF2, Fighters Megamix and the 2d fighters like SF Alpha 1/2/3, Vampire Hunter/Savior). Action games like Guardian Heroes, RPG such as Panzer Dragoon Saga, SRPG - Dragon Force. Shooters are great(mainly import JP games though) - Radiant Silvergun, Thunderforce V, DoDonPachi)

Some of the Saturn's best releases were only available in Japan as that was the territory that it was most popular in.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I don't know if it can be justified...

Maybe Sonic R? Although, that's not a game you'll play for very long.

OOoo, Guardian heroes, I hear hat game is good. I am eyeing up a copy of discworld on the net.

Around the Network

every single Capcom arcade game produced prior to 2001, i believe. Also dozens upon dozens of crazy jrpgs.

Capcom supported the Saturn down to the very end; every vs. game you can think of that came out before marvel vs. capcom (M v C was a launch title for Dreamcast)

You could probably ebay it for more than that if you wanted...

highwaystar102

Listen..
You're on VG Chartz. That means you're a Gamer. It's only £15!
You need it. Your videogame collection will grow healthily. Owning a Sega Saturn means you get lots of gaming cred. Hot Popular Babes will ask you out. It compliments you and whatnot

If you don't hurry up and buy it, I'll get there before you do with my ££ cash and you'll end up a bitter man. Seriously, just buy and make sure to pick up some great quality classics online. Mint advice innit

Good Sega Saturn game:  -Panzer Dragoon-

I got it , with my student discount it was like £13.

I also went to the Birmingham rag markets to some of the classic games dealers, I managed to get 6 games for £4. Good ones too.

highwaystar101 said:
I got it , with my student discount it was like £13.

I also went to the Birmingham rag markets to some of the classic games dealers, I managed to get 6 games for £4. Good ones too.

We are pleased.  Now go forth and game.