By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who here believes in UFOs?

I asked my physics teacher if aliens were real and he told me that even if there is life outside the univese there is only a 1% chance that we'll ever make contact with them since we live far far away.

Around the Network
stof said:
I saw a UFO once when I was young. I was in my mom's car at night heading down a highway. Over to the right I saw a set of lights that hung low in the sky and darted about in various directions. It didn't move in any way an airplane or any other man made object flies. I don't know why I didn't tell my mom to look too. I was just in awe. I've seen something that can not be explained. It was beautiful. They most certainly are out there.

When I was young... one time in the middle of the night heading down the highway I coulda swore i saw a Bob-omb running next to my car.

Not making fun of your or anything.  It just reminded me of that.

colonelstubbs said:
I believe in ufos. Independance day has shown me however that if it comes down to it, we are safe, as long as the US president can fly a plane

dont forget the geek with a laptop, and cool black dude.

i believe there is a good chance there are other earth like planets that supports life, in a galaxy far far away, it is a period of civil war, rebel spaceships, striking from hiden base........ woops

i dont believe in UFOs but there is life out there

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I believe that sometimes our universe may interfere with another universe. I also believe that a phase shift from the current wavelength our universe operates on could be an explanation for the UFOs.

Jackson50 said:
I believe that sometimes our universe may interfere with another universe. I also believe that a phase shift from the current wavelength our universe operates on could be an explanation for the UFOs.

That second sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

Around the Network

This latest video is qute interesting, although I have no idea why no proffesional camera crew with the highest tech equipment or any other agency was called in to investigate further when it seems to be such a regular occurance filmed over many months.

I think I'd be in a boat heading towards the ones that seem to be out at sea if I knew there were there regularly.

İstanbul / Kumburgaz UFO's and ALIENS ARE BACK in 2008! from fox mulder on Vimeo.

I definitely believe in them. I have no idea what they are, but I definitely believe they exist.

I saw one when I was young. I was laying on my couch, in my living room (I was sleeping there that night as I sometimes did) and I look out the bay windows and a triangle with a light at each point was hovering silently, slowly not too far above the rooftops of the houses in my neighborhood. It just floated on by. Scared the bejeesus out of me. Years later I heard reports of a triangle with lights at each end being spotted by numerous eye witnesses in some town while reading a local newspaper. Blew me away because my family said I was crazy. They weren't impressed by the article when I shoved in in their faces and said "told ya so".

Then recently I learned that they have been spotted in many cities around the world. And in one case in 1990 in brussels it was seen by so many people that first the police, and then the belgian air force got involved. They scrambled some F-16s to intercept. It showed up on radar, had hundreds of people visually confirm it, had pictures taken of it, military report written on it. But it couldn't be caught or identified. It completely out manuevered the F-16s and wouldn't let them get close. It did things that no technology we have could possibly do. Eventually is disappeared. And the military wrote a non conclusive report. A picture from the incident

What are they? I dunno. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and I don't really care. I know they exist, I've seen one personally. But I don't know what they are. Aliens? Maybe. Secret Government technology? Who knows? Some posit that time travel is impossible because we'd have been visited by people from the future if it was. Maybe we have been and are regularly. Any are possibilities and I see as equally likely because they are all equally absurd based on our current world views. I've got better things to think about though so if something happens in my life time to explain it, great, I'd be fascinated to know. But I won't cry if I never find out.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Kasz216 said:
stof said:
I saw a UFO once when I was young. I was in my mom's car at night heading down a highway. Over to the right I saw a set of lights that hung low in the sky and darted about in various directions. It didn't move in any way an airplane or any other man made object flies. I don't know why I didn't tell my mom to look too. I was just in awe. I've seen something that can not be explained. It was beautiful. They most certainly are out there.

When I was young... one time in the middle of the night heading down the highway I coulda swore i saw a Bob-omb running next to my car.

Not making fun of your or anything.  It just reminded me of that.

haha. But if you did want to make fun of me, you sure could. Just a few days later we were heading down that same stretch of highway when I saw my UFO in daylight. It was a large balloon in the shape of a blimp with lights on it, that a store was flying as an advertisement. It's erratic movements were caused by it bobbing in the wind and I couldn't see the string in the dark. Perhaps if I told my mom when I first saw it, she would have just told me what it was. Or even if she didn't know, she'd have just said "Huh, I don't know what that is" and kept driving. But to me, it was a space ship. It's funny how some people (including a younger me) can so quickly turn "I don't know what that is" in to "I know exactly what that is"

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

appolose said:
Nah, probably not.
Of course, I'm speaking Biblically.

Ezikiel chapter one seems pretty much like a alien visitation to me...

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I think everyone believes in UFO's. You would be an idiot not to. The thing up for debate is are unexplained sighting in the air from life outside of this planet. For that, I am confident the answer is no.

I do however believe there is life on other planets.