By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Far Cry II has 3.5gb install on ps3

kergeten said:
Lol, that's how much the entire PC install is, so bassically that's the whole game right there!

PC install for Far Cry 2 is 12GB so it's not that big.

Around the Network
Untamoi said:
kergeten said:
Lol, that's how much the entire PC install is, so bassically that's the whole game right there!

No it's 3.15 gigs, I'm playing the freakin game right now and it says 3.15, anyway mine is the pirated version so that might be it.

kergeten said:
Untamoi said:
kergeten said:

No it's 3.15 gigs, I'm playing the freakin game right now and it says 3.15, anyway mine is the pirated version so that might be it.

*facepalm*

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

ooooo an install. Lets all cry about it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Aw, poomuffins. Nonetheless, my 320GB hard drive says: "Bring it on, bitch"

Around the Network

Sigh Ps3 games have installs. Get over it. Would I prefer silky smooth running games with awesome graphics and no installs like Uncharted? Sure. Will developers use a hard disk when they can depend on it to make their live easier? Also sure.

If you don't want to have mandatory installs buy a console without a HD.

are we going to start bringing this up again?

kergeten said:
Untamoi said:
kergeten said:

Simulacrum said:
This again REALLY SUCKS!

No It does not.

If you went on IGN and read the UK review of the game from the Xbox 360 thread you will see that the reviewr has experianced some black screens appearing for a periods. This will not happen on PS3 because of that 3.5 GB pre install.

So I am pretty happy with that install if it will ensure that I will have an uninterrupted gameplay.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

SpartanFX said:

actually 360 with no installs (according to IGN) has crazy pop ins at times,,,,,so this install might take care of that.

This is the first time i m happy about an install.

According to IGN...

According to you mate? Oh, I forgot, you never saw the game on 360. I'm halfway to the end of the game, and no noticeable pop in here dude. Try again.