By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is so cheap! They make you buy your own coffin now!!!!!!

lol come on, buying a box isn't a big deal, that's like saying that they are cheap because you need to buy a pen if you have to sign something :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network
Passenger57 said:
I love my Xbox360 and Microsoft, I'll gladly pay for a box to send my a broken 360 to get fixed.

Haha! Dammit man, I nearly added you as a friend until I realized that you were serious.  I too would gladly pay for a box to send my house broken dog to get fixed.

pbroy said:
What do you do if your PS3 breaks? Do they give you a box and foam? Is it free to repair?

They shipped me a box, and everything was free, despite my ps3 being a month out of warranty.

Sony has improved significantly from last gen in this regard.

I think a billion (million?) dollar company can spend a few dimes (if they know what a dime is) here on boxes - just my opinion.

Otherwise, when my Xbox RROD'd - they sent me a box AND one month of live for free.. not too shabby.

Understanding is the key.

code.samurai said:
Passenger57 said:
I love my Xbox360 and Microsoft, I'll gladly pay for a box to send my a broken 360 to get fixed.

Haha! Dammit man, I nearly added you as a friend until I realized that you were serious.  I too would gladly pay for a box to send my house broken dog to get fixed.

I was kidding about loving Microsoft and sending in my xbox 360.

Around the Network

This has been going for some time. You dont have to buy a box you just make one up from all the empty cardboard boxes you have lying around the house. just package the 360 securely and with bubble wrap or whatever and seal it up good and proper.

Print and stick on the UPS or whatever courier service MS has a contract with, call up the courier and arrange a date for them to come round, when they arrive give them your boxed up 360 and make sure they sign something like a slip which you keep and away they go.

Had to do this the first time 360 went kaput.  and the 2nd time 360 needed repairing I just reused the box MS sent during the first repair job.

The Post Office has free boxes.

You're not going to receive the same 360 you sent in. One of my friends just wrapped his entire 360 in duct tape, stuck the label on and mailed it like that. Received a replacement xbox in about 2 1/2 weeks.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Tha is a stupid agument, the box is for the protection of the 360, what is the point of sending it to get repaired in the mail only to recive it broken because it did not have sufficent protection.... Wake Up.

They've never sent boxes in the UK, we've always had to supply our own. But they send it back in their own box, which can be saved for the next time.

segajon said:
matt247 said:
maybe you're cheap for not being able to afford a box or even keep the box that it came in

I don't have a problem on buying a boxm, i have a problem with Microsoft continuing to try to avoid all costs of the rrod. btw using the box it came is raising the odds of it getting stolen.

... what an economy indeed... a box.  I bet this has a strong impact on the financial balance sheet of Microsoft (Im ironic here..).

(Dear god !!! I wasted 3 minutes of my life to answer this idiotic thread ! Forums are full of s...)

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.