By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is so cheap! They make you buy your own coffin now!!!!!!

segajon said:
lol pbroy, whish my 360 ran as smoothly as my 360.

You have two 360s? Cool, me too... n_n

I think Fable 2 is about to kill my launch system though. It froze 3 times already. First time when I first started playing the game. Ran around for 3 minutes and it froze when I pressed RB. Then it froze two times in a row when I tried to start the game today. It was only playing the intro movie when the game starts. Froze in the same spot twice. No red rings though.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I just had to send my Xbox in and MS had me use my own box (I found a perfectly acceptable one sitting in my garage waiting to be recycled.) I took it to the UPS store, paid $5 for packing popcorn and bubble wrap, and that was that. Because I got the e mail with the shipping label THE DAY I reported my problem, I was able to send it off that day.

UPS picked the package up on Monday. Today is Wednesday and I just tracked my package and found out that it did get delivered to MS today. If I had waited for a coffin, I may not have even gotten it until yesterday or today, and today I wouldn't have had time to get it over to the UPS place.

In other words, I will be playing Fable 2 a lot sooner because I sent the stupid thing in my own box. Yes, it sucks that this happened in the first place, but that's life.

When I sent my Wii, I had to get my own box. Saved time instead of waiting for one for Ninty.
And if an actual person dies, you have to pay for their coffin (correct me if I'm wrong)

Hey Pbroy, the Fable 2 game had a lot of frozen up parts in the game. Its so lame they released this game with so much frozen up parts without finalizing it more. Its part of the game, not the console problem. Many people were complaining about the freezing up issue too.

Really? Thats good then, cuz I thought I was the only one. I'm glad everyone gets to share in the same misfortunes as me. Thanks, now I feel better. n_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

ya, here it is about the problem.

http://kotaku.com/5067285/some-fable-ii-players-report-freezing-issues

Also, buy a box? wtf? I thought you can get boxes for free from the post office or use some from home if you have any stored anywhere.

What disturbs me the most about this thread is that I learned Fable 2 could randomly freeze... :( I haven't got the game yet but that's not cool.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

This is a strange tale for me at least, because I know of two people that recently received return boxes as of yesterday. Technically it is far more cost effective for Microsoft to receive their own packaging. Basically it is a standardization of methodology. The more parts are the same the easier it is to streamline. You do not want your repair facility inundated with boxes of varying shapes, recycling requirements, unintended contaminants, and so forth.

Were I to hazard a guess the local repair offices your friends encountered quite possibly have run out of their return boxes. Not necessarily a case of being cheap. Even under ideal situations sometimes shortfalls will occur. During these economic times it only complicates matters. Say for example if the box manufacturer had difficulty making payroll due to the credit crunch.

To me it seems like a catch 22. A damned if you do and damned if you don't. You could move up the ladder at Microsoft to get your return package. In which case you just might find out they will not have any for a few more weeks, or you can bite the bullet and cough up five dollars.

Just some solid advice get your boxes off the sales floor at a retailer. Most retailers no longer stock pile boxes. They most often crush and recycle them. Not only is it profitable for them, but piling up lose boxes is a fire hazard which they can be fined for. So when you go into a store look for the guy stocking a shelf and get that box. Your actually saving them time and energy.

If you can't shell out $5 for a box and packing material you shouldn't be playing games. Not even bargain bin games are as cheap as $5...

segajon said:
MrBubbles said:
you can get free boxes from a number of grocery chains so that itself doesnt seem an issue...but what if you dont have a printer?

exactly, there is a number of issus that could go wrong. Also where do you get the soft foam stuff to put in the box so the 360 doesn't get damaged even more?

I think UPS has free foam/bubble wrap and boxes