By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendogs for the Wii? Where is it?

SaviorX said:
Ubisoft already made their crappy Dogz games to replace it.

Around the Network

there's no need for Nintendogs, and btw, get a taste of Ubisoft's "bad" dog game:

not as bad, if you think Ubisoft's dog game for Wii sold 0.57 till now just in America and cat game sold 0.47 in America, maybe it's a reason Nintendo does not bother to make a pet game for Wii

also, if you see these screenshots (which are from the upcoming "Petz Sports" game from Ubisoft) you can see they put effort, although i'm not sure these are from Wii or PC version, they are great!

never had the chance to try one of these game, maybe "Petz Sports" is a chance, since it looks nice

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

^That's like saying because M&M Kart Racing wasn't successful, Nintendo shouldn't have bothered with making Mario Kart. One game from a 3rd party has nothing to do with another game developed by Nintendo. There are many examples where a 3rd party game doesn't do well and the similar style game from Nintendo does tremendous. I mean, wouldn't you say that's the story of the Wii so far?

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Miyamoto (a while back) mentioned something about seeing what he could do with Nintendogs & Wii...

Think about it - it would be perfect for a Xmas M+ in 2009.

Nintendo are out to milk this generation for as long as they can - they won't be "rushing" games out when they are dominating the market as they are now...

I wonder what Nintendo's "online community" is going to be based on - it would almost certainly have *some* game element... and to me, that means Miis, Pokemon & Nintendogs (or some combination).

- online dog competitions, with people watching the competition on-mass
- large parks, where you can meet other people and their pets
- walking around, large, virtual cities with your pet(s)
- extra downloadable content for objects, animals (even purchasing stuff)
- split screen?
- WiiSpeak support for commands, Motion+ for patting and more
- Mii versions of dogs? Dogiis?
- other pets?

Nintendogs is more than a game - its big enough to large an entire new console or handheld on - or an online community.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I liked the Dogz game from Ubisoft.