By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSM says Fallout 3 better on PC/360 than PS#...ouch!

BrayanA said:
Jordahn said:
BrayanA said:
Jordahn said:
BrayanA said:
axumblade said:
BrayanA said:
What? Another multi title is better on 360?
Nothing new here.

PS3 owners need to stop acting like a ostrich and to face the truth.
Eurogamer gives all "Xbox 360 vs PS3 Face-Off" to 360. It is 14:0! Yes 360 loose in some games, but win or is equal in the majority! It also win both Bonus Rounds - The Orange Box and GTA IV. Blame Sony, blame developers, blame PS3, blame whoever you want, but it is obvious that PS3 is not the graphical monster many of you think it is.

At least PSM is being honest. Respect!

If it's 14:0 then how does the 360 lose some games? And how are Orange Box and GTA IV bonus rounds? Your comment is just plain dumb. Read your comment before you post it, otherwise, read it after so that you know you're actually making sense.

ROFL ... man you make my day
I laugh for more then 5 minutes!

It is not mine! Your comment is just plain dumb. Check eurogamer.net before you post dumb comment!!! Otherwise, check google after so that you know you're actually making sense!!!

In every "Xbox 360 vs PS3 Face-Off" round from 6 to 10 multiplat games are compared! Not one!

Bonus rounds compares only one game.

Is it clear now?! Or I need to repeat it slower?

But why Eurogamer or any other specific source? Take Assassin's Creed for instance. If you read a variety of reviews for both platforms, some say the PS3 version was graphically better while others said the 360 was better. The same went for GTAIV. What do you do about it? Don't make it an issue because it's not. Unless it's some covert way of bashing the competition by cherry picking what favors your console preference...

Why not? Eurogamer is one of the most respected game site in Europe. 360 also wins all 3 rounds of "Xbox 360 Versus PlayStation 3 Graphics Comparison" on Gamespot. Unfortunately they stop doing them.

If you said that some reviews "say the PS3 version was graphically better" then pls, give us a link, so we can read it. And no links from playstation magazines pls. Gamespot, IGN, Gametrailers, Videogamer, Eurogamer, 1UP - you choose one.

And before star searching for links, one advice - don't search in Gamespot, Videogamer or Eurogamer. They all give the edge to GTA IV 360 version.

Gamespot - Xbox 360 Versus PlayStation 3 Graphics Comparison: Round 3 - GTA IV
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6191251/p-3.html
"If we had to definitively pick a version, we'd go with the 360's rendition of the game for its crisper visuals"

Videogamer - GTA 4: Xbox 360 vs. PS3 - 360 Wins
http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/29-04-2008-389.html
"if you own both consoles and want to buy the best version, we'd have to recommend the Xbox 360 game."

Eurogamer - check "Xbox 360 vs PS3 Face-Off" Bonus Round 2

First of all, no one said you cannot use Eurogamer, and no one said it wasn't a reputable source.

Second, you said...

"It also win both Bonus Rounds - The Orange Box and GTA IV."

In regards to GTA IV, IGN wrote:

"Past GTA titles have had mild-to-serious framerate issues and technical glitches, because the games were trying to do far more than the PlayStation 2 could handle. While GTA IV is pushing the PS3 and 360 to the limit, it also runs amazingly well. Sure, there are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360) there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected. That a game with great AI, an awesome physics engine and a detailed open world runs so well and with such short load times is a technical marvel. For that, I can forgive framerate issues and some noticeable aliasing."

...and...

"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p5.html

But maybe you think IGN isn't reputable because the review does not favor your console of choice. See, that's cherry picking. Out of the whole bunch, you only pick what appeals to you because IGN gave the graphical nod to the PS3 version of GTA IV. So in your mind as long as the website/source favors the 360 version of a game over the PS3 version, it's reputable and honest as you said...

"At least PSM is being honest (9/10 for Fallout 3 PS3 version)."

Again, you CANNOT successfully refute my statment...

"But why Eurogamer or any other specific source? Take Assassin's Creed for instance. If you read a variety of reviews for both platforms, some say the PS3 version was graphically better while others said the 360 was better. The same went for GTAIV. What do you do about it? Don't make it an issue because it's not. Unless it's some covert way of bashing the competition by cherry picking what favors your console preference..."

Fanboys cherry pick to paint a false picture to hide behind. You have proven that.

I accept IGN review, even if it is just a review and not a graphics comparison article as 3 I gave to you. Even with the "PS3 has better anti-aliasing" (no AA for PS3 version, 2xAA for 360 version). Still 1:3, I'm waithing for 2 more.

REALLY??????????????

Guess what?  Remember when you also said... "At least PSM is being honest (9/10 for Fallout 3 PS3 version)."???

So I guess the average rating of Gamerankings for GTA IV PS3 is dishonest because it's higher than GTA IV 360 just becasue you quoted three sources (and I'm sure there's more) and I quoted one (and I'm sure there's more.)  See... cherry picking... more fanboyism...

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

No it's not. Quite simply, it's all opinion. Don't talk to me about potential. It's absoultely the most rediculious thing I've ever heard to suggest that the mass market should simply hook their computers up to their HDTV's to play the game.

You are talking about "potential."

Well, potential is theoretical, you see? About 1 in a thousand people who play Fallout 3 will play it on PC, with a controller, hooked up to a HDTV with 5.1 sound from their couch.

What is most likely is PC owners will play Fallout 3 just like they play every other game.

If we want to talk about potential, the best console to play Fallout 3 on is the supercomputer in Langley.

Certainly, the version with the most versatility and potential is the PC version. However, the PC version is missing 2 features that are exclusive to the Xbox 360. The PC version would also cause many people to need to upgrade their consoles...or buy 5 dollar cables, or whatever.

It's just as ignorant and meaningless to talk about the best potential play experience as it is to talk about the best potential console. We're dealing with what's there, and with what's here, for people on this forum, who own a mediocre PC, a 360, and a PS3....the best option by far is the 360 version. Not the version with the most potential. The 360 version of Fallout 3 might not be the best version...but it is the best option for most people here.

What we're gaining with the PC version is user mods, and graphics.

What most people would be losing is time, money, work, DLC, and effort.

My point was, even I, who has spend nearly a thousand dollars building a badass PC capable of playing Crysis, would still have to spend more time, money, and effort to play the game like I want to. With my $249 Xbox 360, it's plug and play, already set up like I want it(with exclusive dlc). It's just not feasable, nor is it worth it for a small graphical upgrade and user-mods. Sure, the best potential version of the game is for the PC, played on the Langley supercomputer.. However, in the real world, the mass market would probably rather just have the copy of the game that runs on the Xbox 360. "Best" is an opinion and it always will be.

Now, before Shio or Nazna show up, let me say this: PC gaming is awesome, and with a willing pocketbook, it has the potential to be the only contender for "best gaming platform." However, you know what I'm talking about, so don't even start, please.

It is also my opinion that the PS3 is the worst option. Wanna comment on that one? You share that opinion, obviously, or I woulda already heard about it.

Wow. That might be one of the dumbest arguments I have heard in a long time.

Your argument is cost. If that's the case, every multi-plat game that comes out on both the PS2 or the PS3/360, is by default better on the PS2. Who cares about the game. It cost less to play it, thus it's better.

Not everyone has YOUR setup. For some people, a 21" monitor on there disk that can play the game at 1920x1080 is far better then any TV they can afford (you can buy one of those at NewEgg right now for $230). We can go back and forth about hardware setups all day long.

But Bethesda doesn't make hardware, they make games. One game will:

• Play at better frame rates
  • Probably have a better save system
  • Load faster
  • Have better textures
  • Have a better control scheme (I am sure the PC will work with the 360 controller if you want).
  • Play at a higher resolution.
  • The list goes on.

That version is better. Sorry that you can't see that.

Jordahn said:
BrayanA said:
Jordahn said:
BrayanA said:
Pristine20 said:
I saw this one coming. Add no DLC to that and you'll get the full picture lol. Good thing I ceased to care about fallout. I wish they had swords instead. The whole shoot thing is played out

Why all PS3 users just start to bash the game, only cos 360 version is a bit better?

The game is good. Just buy it and have fun.

Maybe some gamers don't care much for a post-apocalyptic environment.

Some gamers yes, but how all of a sudden all PS3 users stop care about Fallout 3. Check Fallout threads a few weeks ago. I see a lot "day one purchase" posts from PS3 owners. There are fanboys that now might not buy this game because they think they are getting a gimped version. This is pity!

Same happen with FF 13. A lot of posts "FF 13 >>> all 360 RPG games" before E3. After E3 threads like "I think FF versus 13 > FF 13" start poping like mуshrooms after rain.

And by the way. I'm not a 360 fanboy. I'm a gammer and PC is my favourite platform.

^^^Serious generalization.  If you said "PS3 fanboys" that would be more understandable.  And I'm not asking you to point out specific users, but to say "all," you're pushing false generalizations to push a false point.  This is a sign of fanboyism no matter how you try to justify it. 

My fault.

"all of a sudden all PS3 users in this thread stop care about Fallout 3" Fixed!

I can't see a single post like "I don't care, I'm still going to buy it on day one". Can you see one? Now go back and count all "This game is a joke" and "I was planning to buy the game, but now ... " posts.

Jordahn said:

REALLY??????????????

Guess what?  Remember when you also said... "At least PSM is being honest (9/10 for Fallout 3 PS3 version)."???

So I guess the average rating of Gamerankings for GTA IV PS3 is dishonest because it's higher than GTA IV 360 just becasue you quoted three sources (and I'm sure there's more) and I quoted one (and I'm sure there's more.)  See... cherry picking... more fanboyism...

Cherry picking?! Really?!

So what is metacritics.com then doing? Cherry picking? Nope my friend. This is not a cherry picking. People has diffrent opinions. One can think that game X sucks, other that it is N1. That is why site like metacritics.com exists. To sum the things up. If 10 people said that game X is great and 2 that it sucks then guest who is right. Same is valid for graphical comparisons. Unfortunately there is no site like metacritics.com for graphical comparisons. The only graphical comparison articles I found are the ones I already posted. I mean ones that goes to clear conclusion which version has the edge. I think there should be more deep graphical comparison articles like Eurogamer's Face-Off GTA IV round. 5 pages with Resolution, Textures and Anti-Aliasing comparisons. Frame Rate Tests. Lighting, Draw Distance and Effects conclusions and ton of pictures.

BrayanA said:
Jordahn said:

REALLY??????????????

Guess what? Remember when you also said... "At least PSM is being honest (9/10 for Fallout 3 PS3 version)."???

So I guess the average rating of Gamerankings for GTA IV PS3 is dishonest because it's higher than GTA IV 360 just becasue you quoted three sources (and I'm sure there's more) and I quoted one (and I'm sure there's more.) See... cherry picking... more fanboyism...

So what is metacritics.com then doing? Cherry picking? Nope my friend...

You're probably right that MetaCritic isn't cherry picking.  I NEVER said it, I NEVER implied it.  I was referring to you, and you know it because you specificly pick things that are favorable to the 360 while ignoring the other side of the coin.  But like most fanyboys, you try to change the subject because you cannot refute it while it's not about MetaCritic, but you in which I've successful exposed your biasness.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
BrayanA said:
Jordahn said:
BrayanA said:
Pristine20 said:
I saw this one coming. Add no DLC to that and you'll get the full picture lol. Good thing I ceased to care about fallout. I wish they had swords instead. The whole shoot thing is played out

Why all PS3 users just start to bash the game, only cos 360 version is a bit better?

The game is good. Just buy it and have fun.

Maybe some gamers don't care much for a post-apocalyptic environment.

Some gamers yes, but how all of a sudden all PS3 users stop care about Fallout 3. Check Fallout threads a few weeks ago. I see a lot "day one purchase" posts from PS3 owners. There are fanboys that now might not buy this game because they think they are getting a gimped version. This is pity!

Same happen with FF 13. A lot of posts "FF 13 >>> all 360 RPG games" before E3. After E3 threads like "I think FF versus 13 > FF 13" start poping like mуshrooms after rain.

And by the way. I'm not a 360 fanboy. I'm a gammer and PC is my favourite platform.

and u blame them? the devs expect people to pay the same for a gimped version?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Jordahn said:
BrayanA said:
Jordahn said:
BrayanA said:
Jordahn said:
BrayanA said:
xman said:
Its pretty simple the 360 and PC hold the same architecture since the biggest platform for this game is the PC and 360, they developed the game for the PC+360 and are porting it over to the PS3.

The issue with ports is you are taking the weakness of the 360+pc version and adding the PS3 which inherently makes it worse. As people have mentioned if you drop it months later you can re write a lot of code to fix most of the issues.

This is going to be a common theme with most muti plat games because the PC/360 market is going to be bigger than the PS3 for the next couple of years.

Last gen PS2 was the dominate platform so all games were developed for that and ported to the other players, this is the advantage you get for having a bigger user base. Plus the 360 gets to add PC people to there numbers.

But seriously if you own a PS3 only your getting a great game still

Nope. XBOX games where much better in graphical department, even if their main developing platform was PS2. For PC ports XBOX just crush PS2 graphicaly. The problem was that many games didn't come to XBOX at all, or from 6 to 12 months later.

There was NOTHING wrong with xman's comment because what he said was generally true. It had nothing to do with the graphical capabilities of the console. 3rd party developers did the smart thing by developing on the PS2 first (because of it's relatively large userbase and extensive lead) from a business point of view. So a similar mentality can be said the same this gen.
Please don't act so insecure by taking things out of context.

His main point is that PS3 version suffer, cos the main development platform is PC/360. Then why XBOX didn't suffer, no matter if the game was PS2 port, PC port or comes day one as PS2 version? Cos it was much more graphically powerfull then PS2. Now guest which console is not more graphicaly powerfull then 360?

Wrong again. He said...

"Last gen the PS was the dominant platform..." with "dominant platform" being the key phrase, and he also said "this is the advantage you get for having a bigger user base."

The PS2 was dominant because "of it's relatively large userbase and extensive lead" which is what I fleshed out. That's without guessing what he meant by using the his own words in context so it wasn't about graphics. NOWHERE in his paragraph did he say that. You failed again because of your biased fanboyism against the PS3 and reasoning.

Your faulty reasoning really invalidated your point that "Now guest which console is not more graphicaly powerfull then 360?" because in a previous post in this thread in regards to GTA IV, I have proven you wrong.

All of his statement is to explain why 360 version is a bit better! How all of us understand this and only you is still digging?

Digging??? You're a hypocrite. All I did was used a user's post within this thread while you were the one who had to go out of this website to "prove" a previous "point."  Now, I don't think you were digging, but to say I was when you went even further is hypocricy.  Hypocricy is also a sign of fanboyism.  Keep it up...  

Ahhh ... I'm a hypocrite. Thank you to open my eyes. O ... and fanboy too.

How many times I need to repeat. Don't look at the bold text in my first quote. I did it by mistake and was too lazy to removed it. My first reply is a comment on the entire @xman post. Where did I said that divelopers did not prefer to use console with large user base for their main development platform? Where did I said that PS2 had not the large userbase last generation? No where! The thing I disagree with @xman is - that PS3 suffer, cos it is not the main platform. Burnout use PS3 as main development platform. Did 360 version suffer?

So ... the problem IMO is not who is main development platform, but who have more powerfull GPU.

Jordahn said:
BrayanA said:
Jordahn said:

REALLY??????????????

Guess what? Remember when you also said... "At least PSM is being honest (9/10 for Fallout 3 PS3 version)."???

So I guess the average rating of Gamerankings for GTA IV PS3 is dishonest because it's higher than GTA IV 360 just becasue you quoted three sources (and I'm sure there's more) and I quoted one (and I'm sure there's more.) See... cherry picking... more fanboyism...

So what is metacritics.com then doing? Cherry picking? Nope my friend...

You're probably right that MetaCritic isn't cherry picking.  I NEVER said it, I NEVER implied it.  I was referring to you, and you know it because you specificly pick things that are favorable to the 360 while ignoring the other side of the coin.  But like most fanyboys, you try to change the subject because you cannot refute it while it's not about MetaCritic, but you in which I've successful exposed your biasness.

No my friend. I didn't "specificly pick things that are favorable to the 360". Thouse where the only graphical compirations articles I found. If you know more then share with us.

nice to see fallout 3 is better on 360 than ps3

@ RealMafoo.

The save system in Fallout 3 on Xbox 360 is just like a PC. But everything else rings true to some extent.

Tease.