By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo Wii Kid Icarus And Earthbound Games Still Possible

There's good news in the world of Wii possibilities -- new versions of Kid Icarus and Earthbound are still very much possible. In a recent interview with Game Informer, Shigeru Miyamoto was asked about both franchises and their chances of appearing on Nintendo Wii.

GI: You’re doing a good job with Smash Bros.; you’re bringing back Ness and you’ve got Pit now—but the hardcore fans, the old school are looking for more than just beating the crap out of each other with those characters, so are those franchises something we may see in the future?

Miyamoto: (laughs) Well, my development teams aren’t working on either of those franchises right now. Of course Nintendo has a lot of development teams that it works with. On those development teams are a lot of people that are fans and on those teams there are a lot of people who are constantly telling us, “Oh we want to make a new Kid Icarus.” So you never know when something like that might happen.

As for Mother, [ed: Earthbound], that’s a slightly more complicated matter that I can’t really answer because it’s really up to Mr. Itoi is to whether or not he’s interested in continuing that franchise. But I can say that Mr. Itoi and I are still on very good terms and we enjoy working together. (laughs)

Looks like there's a bigger chance of KI making the jump, and we have no problem with that whatsoever.

Check out the rest of the interview here.

Around the Network

I hope so. I am a little tired of this casual courting from Nintendo and would like to see them do something that is a little different rather than another Mario Party 8, or sorry 9.

I was REALLY dissapointed when they canceled Earthbound 64. I felt kind of betrayed. A Kid Icarus game could be really cool too. Sounds like Earthbound is not a good possibility. Kid Icarus may be questionable too since the series is kind of obscure in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully, we will hear something by E3 next year.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson