By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So there's fungus under my left thumbnail...

^^ alcohol could have prevented an infection but I doubt it would do any good now... or am I wrong ???

Around the Network

Just got some info from my sister (she knows her biology).

Apparently, you have a very dangerous strain of fungus on you, and you should count yourself lucky that you went to the docter when you did, because it was the last call.

The fungus would have developed even further and turned brown, you would have to say goodbye to your finger, it's that dangerous.

All in all you should be fine, but you will have to take anti fungus medication for some time before it's completely gone.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

El Duderino said:

^^ alcohol could have prevented an infection but I doubt it would do any good now... or am I wrong ???

Any kind of alcohol (ethanol, methanol etc) are quite deadly to any fungus, so it would help, but he still would have had to get some proper medicine for it.

Although from what i gather, he had a rather advanced case when he went to a doctor.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

El Duderino said:

^^ I hate going to Doctors and only go if I have three different drastic pains or more... usually I just cut out the part that hurts... if it isn´t to big... but fungus is hard to kill... if the flaming vodka wouldn´t work I´d go for a soldering iron... my family has a shamefull history of self treatment... my brother once tried to get a fish bone out of his throat with a metal wire... it got stuck... when he came to my room it lookt like he was literally puking his guts out... I clapped him on his back cause he was coughing... that must have hurt... anyway we got it out but he needed to go to a hostpital for internal bleeding... but enough of that this is thread about twesterm spain..

Holy shit your brother's insane and my hero.

All I've done is just remove my own toenails when they get bad, and this one time I got a zit on my wang so I stabbed into it with a cauterized safety pin to drain it outside so it didn't get pus deeper into my wang and balls.  It left a tiny wang-scar.

=O

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
El Duderino said:

^^ I hate going to Doctors and only go if I have three different drastic pains or more... usually I just cut out the part that hurts... if it isn´t to big... but fungus is hard to kill... if the flaming vodka wouldn´t work I´d go for a soldering iron... my family has a shamefull history of self treatment... my brother once tried to get a fish bone out of his throat with a metal wire... it got stuck... when he came to my room it lookt like he was literally puking his guts out... I clapped him on his back cause he was coughing... that must have hurt... anyway we got it out but he needed to go to a hostpital for internal bleeding... but enough of that this is thread about twesterm spain..

Holy shit your brother's insane and my hero.

All I've done is just remove my own toenails when they get bad, and this one time I got a zit on my wang so I stabbed into it with a cauterized safety pin to drain it outside so it didn't get pus deeper into my wang and balls.  It left a tiny wang-scar.

HAHAHAHAHAH wang zit... never heard of one of those... you are a hero too man... I do a lot of self treatment but that area I leave to professionals only... so doctors and hookers... if the doctor doesn´t know whats wrong in that area the hooker will :)

It's all that Sony hate.

Show them some love, and your hand will be healed.

^^^WRONG !!! The fungus is green... the color of the 360... while playing Fable 2 the awesomeness of the 360 combined with Fable 2 must have spread through the controller...

El Duderino said:

^^^WRONG !!! The fungus is green... the color of the 360... while playing Fable 2 the awesomeness of the 360 combined with Fable 2 must have spread through the controller...

this 360 infection, now its painful :P

Menago KF said:

Just got some info from my sister (she knows her biology).

Apparently, you have a very dangerous strain of fungus on you, and you should count yourself lucky that you went to the docter when you did, because it was the last call.

The fungus would have developed even further and turned brown, you would have to say goodbye to your finger, it's that dangerous.

All in all you should be fine, but you will have to take anti fungus medication for some time before it's completely gone.

Well crap, that's a little scary.  >_>

And thanks for Wii idea Rhubang, looks like it's going to be a Wii Sports and Excite Truck night!